Balloon dilation

Posted , 3 users are following.

has anyone in this group had the dilation procedure ? MY DR recommends it but as it is a relatively new procedure I'd like to hear from someone who tried this and if it was successfulTHANKS !

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Greetings, I have been approved by Medicare for tubeoplasty and at this point I have not made the appointment. I consider this option to be on the table relative to other options: I have purchased two OTC items to help alleviate ETD symptoms. Today a front is moving through with wind and rain and of course ear stuffiness. My regular routine of therapies has not faired well, until

I modified the valsalva maneuver , by holding

my nose for a count of five and hearing the ear pop. Once the ear pops the tube opens and fluid drains. My case of ETD is likely incurable , the remedies I use will have to be repeated often. Tubeoplasty is feasible and I may opt for it in the future.

• Posted

curious why you say your !EtD IS "uncurable " ?I WONT GIVE UP , ! I'VE HAD IT 30 years !

• Posted

from what I have read , cases like mine which developed in my seventies is more likely chronic . Younger folk may have a brighter outlook. Seems like the tissue in and around the tube becomes hardened (age) and does not respond well. The last ENT I visited seemed not to know this?

in some cases hormones maybe injected to treat the tissue. I should search your threads and peruse you 30 years experience . I could go ahead with tubeoplasty if all else fails Ciao!

• Posted

Greetings, I have a new comment as a follow up to my last submission regarding tubeoplasty and other options. I plan to try all options before having the procedure done. A few days ago after a conference with my partner, I purchased two devices: Navage

sinus suction/wash; Eustachi etube exerciser.

Preliminary use report, the Navage is very good. It has resulted in a vast move in the right direction. Too early to rate , and to state at this moment the pesky left etube is open! I have used this device about five times and am pleased. I watched youtube videos to glean knowledge, it does have a caveat on my part is the suction seems intense. The Eustaci so far not helpful. I will keep at it and we will see, it does pop my right etube but left ( the bad one) does not.

• Posted

i am curious if the suction can cause damage or make ETD WORSE if it suctions too hard? the idea of having one nostril sucked out with force seems a bit frightening. please keep us posted. thanks

• Posted

Greetings,

This is an update to my last thread. Further use of the two devices I purchased three weeks (or so) ago. The Navage system and the Eustachi , have affected a positive result.

Yes, the etube has been responsive in that last two days it has started to "pop" whereas before I had to use a therapy as mentioned in my prior threads. The use of the two devices bodes well. Again I would advise using sinus wash therapies and becoming acclimated to this before using the Navage. Cheers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.