balloon rhizotomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

had it done last Wednesday as i said in another post my face feels frozen on the side of the operation but my eye feels so strange feels like a hard boiled egg and at times it itches but even if i rub it there is no cure for the itch anybody else had this and when will it get back to normal 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris,

I didn’t experience that problem.

I would wait a bit to see what happens. As you know they stuck a needle up your face and moved things about.

It has only been a week. You have to be patient. Can I ask your age?

• Posted

I'm 70 how old r u and where do u come from

• Posted

im male 70 years live near Portsmouth England

waking up this morning feeling a lot better my face is on recivery

• Posted

Im glad you are feeling better this morning. It takes time. Has your pain gone ?
  • Posted

Hi Chris, I'm in England and 75 yrs. I've had this done 4 times with varying results. I still have numbness from first time but much more preferable to terrible pain.  I have been almost pain free now for over a year with occasional blips. however, I don't expect the remission to last forever. I do wish you good luck and will include all suffers in my prayers. We do need them.   Gill

• Posted

Gill,, How long were you pain free before you had another procedure?

Chrystie

• Posted

Hi Christie, I'm terribly sorry but I mixed up my procedures with the one you've had and it's too late to retract my posts.If fact the procedures I had were Thermocoagulation which involves injecting the trigeminal nerve under anaesthetic. You're brought out of this for a brief moment and then put  back under.. It's done in day surgery.. I've been pain free for 6 months to a year after the previous times.. The last time I had it done the neurosurgeon said he'd try to  do his best to kill the nerve. I've been pain free now for about 18 months but do have the odd pain now and again. I'm hoping it continues  However I still need a high dosage of Tegratol and also take Gabapentin . I do hope you've found the treatment the gives you lasting relief. Good luck with it, Gill

• Posted

I am considering balloon rhizotomy. How long was your relief before you decided to have another procedure?

Chrystie

• Posted

This was my first time I actually had ballon micro compression I don't know if there is any difference but I was in terrible pain as I went for my op and that was the last time I had TN pain

good luck

chris

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.