Balloon therapy

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've read in the press that a new technique using a Balloon brings relief to chronic sinus sufferers.  I'm going to find out about this when I see my ENT consultant next month.  This problem of congestion, I'm sure causes Eustachia Tube Dysfunction too.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I've discussed this procedure with my GP with regard to my ETD & the feedback was not too encouraging.I was advised that there is limited succes & a possibility of causing a stroke.

• Posted

Really, in the article they reckon it has 80% success.  How would it cause a stroke ?  Surely if that was a risk they wouldn't do it.  I can't remember whether you live in England or US Michael.  In England if they try and put you off having it, it's usually due to cost with our NHS.  I can't cope with these sinus headaches I'm always getting when it's bad, so something will have to be done.  Maybe result to Prednisolone to get rid of inflammation.  Had this congestion now for 3 months and it's starting to get me down.  Shame I can't post this newspaper article so you can read it.  If you're in England, it's was in yesterday's Sunday Mail.

Anne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.