Band op tomorrow

Posted , 7 users are following.

My gastric band op is tomorrow, am feeling really anxious about it now. Never had an operation before.

I know it's what I want though so on I go!! Will be a bag of butterflies tomorrow tho!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Good luck your be fine 😄 I had mine I on Friday imw as a mess but the op was not half as bad as I thought chin up 😄

where r u having it done x

• Posted

I was the same think it's the not knowing !! But u will b in and out in no time and all will b fine

Good luck x

• Posted

Hi serendipity

I was the same (had my op on Friday) I had never had an operation before either and I also suffer badly from anxiety. I nearly bailed when I was about to be anaesthetised lol but honestly it's not as bad as you think. You will be fine 😊

It's not worth that level of anxiety, it's so quick and you will be home before you know it!

Where are you having it done?

X

• Posted

Where are you having it done?

I had mine done Saturday at Dolan Park hospital.

😊

• Posted

Good luck for tomorrow x you will blink your eyes and it will be all done x 
  • Posted

Thanks everyone! Having it done in London (on the Nhs!) I know I'll be worse tomorrow but gotta try and relax!
    • Posted

You'll be fine!

I was scared but just before they put me to sleep they gave me a drug that made me happy as hell. Lol

I swear I had a stupid grin on my face as I went to sleep.

They also give pain relief to you while you are still under so it shouldn't be too bad when you wake up.

Good luck for tomorrow

X

Lissa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.