Banded Hemorrhoid

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, i have another question, hopefully someone else has had this experience and can maybe help me with my current situation.

I had a hemorrhoid banded, and well it's been a couple weeks since my Procedure was done.

Last Thursday i had bleeding with every passing of my stool, not alot of blood but a small amount.

and every say since it's been a week now.. and i still have small amounts of bleeding.

My concern is... is this normal? it's been 8 days and i still have small amounts of bleeding in my stool, is this normal after 8 days, i mean the bleeding isn't gushing, it's just spots of blood. My guess is i'm passing a hard stool and it's bumping or rubbing the scab off...

But i'm not entirely sure... I 'm just wondering if anyone else has ever had a Hemorrhoid Banded, and it takes 7 - 10 days for the bleeding to go away.

I've never had this procedure done, so i don't know how long it would take... to heal up... If anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it, And if not, i totally understand....

I'm just concerned and i don't want it to be a constant thing... i want to be healthy and go back to doing normal things... but yea realizing this is happening.. it makes me worry...

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had 4 bandings and can tell you I never had bleeding after. Have you asked the Dr. about this? Do you have another hem that could be bleeding? It could very well be what you have described, but I would call the Dr. if it continues - definitely before the 2 weeks are up after. Good luck.

• Posted

Well the instructions i had, say you should expect spotted bleeding for 7 - 10 days, after the hemorrhoid, dries up and falls off..

It's not gushing but i dunno... a couple days ago, it bled, but it hasn't bled yesterday or today... I'm thinking it's a scab i pulled off but we'll see...

It's been a couple weeks since the actual banding happened... I just worry, but i'm not bleeding to death, i think since it's internal it takes alot longer to heal, so... i'm hoping by another week it will officially be healed and no more scabs will form...

But everyone heals differently, and some take longer then others so... I'll try to stay positive and not worry about it much....

Thanks for the reply though Jan, i appreciate it... =)

• Posted

That's a good sign that there was no bleeding yesterday or today. It's been a while since I had the banding, so I didn't remember the instructions saying there could be bleeding. Anyway, bleeding is always so intimidating but as you said if it's not gushing, then it's all ok. Internal healing is always tough, and it's no walk in the park after the Hemorrhoidectomy!

• Posted

This is my 2nd Hemorrhoid i've had worked on... i hope it's my last.....

I use to drink so much caffeinated drinks, and soda's and i think that, plus sitting all day, is what was causing them, so i definitely plan on changing my diet, and hoping to fix this situation....

There's also Cushions, or Donuts i can buy that can help prevent hemorrhoids, so i could always try that too.... but i am thankful someone was nice enough to reply to my concern....

I hope you are doing well, and i will keep up the positive energy's 😃

• Posted

Mine were due to childbirth starting 28 years ago, and then they just got progressively worse even with a clean diet and lifestyle. Hems don't discriminate 😃 In the end, having the hemorroidectomy was the only way to get rid of them for good and I'm glad now that I did it. I do hope the banding works permanently for you and that you can continue to have that done if you develop new ones or they return. Best to have the banding done when they are smaller and don't become prolapsed, like a few of mine did. Wishing you the best!

• Posted

I totally understand, i'm just hoping this will be the last one, but i guess in time we'll see.... I need to find work, and staying active might help me with mine..... 😃

And you're right they don't discriminate, so many people have them, some use suppositories, some have surgery, everyone has hemorrhoids, it's just sometimes they flare up, and really start to be bad, but hopefully this won't be an ongoing thing... we can only hope 😃

I've never had mine prolapse or external, just internal, but it's interesting, because my grandfather had them, so i guess it's in our family gene's but yea i'm hoping for the best too.... and take dare Jan !!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.