Bandit Update post op 1.5 weeks.. Feeling good :-)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

Just wanted to share this post.  Its a slightly altered reply that I shared with someone else, however sometimes we all need a bit of cheering up and focus.  so its 1.5 weeks post op.  Most peeps i've been in contact are feeling positive, it motivates the rest of us.  I really like to explain my feelings but also be positive about it.  Ok, so I'm still sore and a little bit of trapped wind, my sides are still sore but..... I have been walking for an hour daily now for the past 4 days I've been tired a little bit more than usual,  its my time I just plug in my earphones and listen to some good tunes.  It's put me in great spirits.  I enjoy resistance training with weights and I cant do that for at least 12 weeks i've been told so walking good for now.  I've had a week and a half off work.  I'm glad that I took it, I was going to go back after a week, but the work will wait and I needed this time to focus on me.  However glad i'm going back on Monday, maybe ask me again on Monday .... lol! I have been bored, I have only told a handful of people so thats why I like this forum, sharing experiences with people who know what your going through. I got weighed again this morning and I've lost another 2lb whoop whoop.  I want to lose 4.5 stones.  So now I have 3 to go.  Let me know how are all getting on, get the walking in if you can [good tune essentail] :-), especially motivating ones if you haven't already.  :-) x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm 4 weeks 2 days post op. Been really good so far....lost 10lbs on pre op diet....lost a further 12lbs post op, so happy so far. Recovered from op well...pain only in first 24hrs, then just bruising with lots of lovely colours. Felt restriction for the first time ever for the first 4/5 days due to bruising but kept to the post op recommendations till week 4. Just as changing from puree to mash had my first cupcake and chocolate for 6 weeks but settled down to being in control again the day after!

Had my first appointment for band fill today. Have needle phobia so had a woozy time but painless and had 4ml put into my 11 ml band. At my hospital they get you to drink water to test all ok and had no problems all day. Told to go back to puree for 24hrs so blitzed tea but didn't notice I was eating faster and too late I realised I was feeling a full sign....now in a bit of pain and uncomfortable! So warning for first time fillers.

Hopefully will pass.

• Posted

Thanks for the feedback, will remember to be mindful, my first fill is not for another 5 weeks, I have a follow up in 4 weeks then go back again. wow 22lb thats great!!! :-)
  • Posted

What a lovely positive post. Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone. Good luck with your future weight loss smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.