Banged my head 3 days but new symptoms appearing

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone

Newbie here.

I joined this forum so I could hopefully get a bit of reassurance.

First a little history, I am 37, male, live in UK and I suffer from anxiety and OCD (routine and order).

I am a panicker at the best of times lol.

Here's my situation....

I was at the gym Wednesday last week (3 days ago) and the sun was shining in really bright, as I got off one machine and went to walk elsewhere I was too busy looking away from the sun reflecting off a surface and I walked straight into the metal bar handle of another weights machine (the type were you pull down the bar above you to lift the weights). The round end of it (about the diameter of a 50p) got me straight in the middle of the top of my head (it was almost liked I headbutted it but with the top of my head rather then the forehead).

It through me back and hurt that much that I could have cried a little(which I didn't) but I didn't lose consciousness and I didn't see stars. I left shortly after.

The weird thing the pain went after about 10mins and I got/have no bump. However I did feel groggy so got home, had shower and got into bed and then did the worse thing possible, I googled bumps on head.

It's now 3 days later and there's still no bump but it's sore sometimes if I rub top of head but the reason for this post is because I keep feeling groggy, light headed on and off (but NOT dizzy like the room is spinning), every few hours I keep getting a pressure above my noise and today I woke up with not a painful neck but like there is someone putting pressure on it, also I have developed a feeling at the back of my throat like I could choke and I just don't feel myself. Also I have been having headaches come and go but mild ones.

Now I am panicking I have caused bleeding on the brain and I can't see Dr because it's weekend and I don't want to go A&E incase I am overreacting.

Can anyone offer advice? As my anxiety levels are going through the roof

Many thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am not a nurse, but one thing I have learned over the years (now age 68), get yourself checked out right away.  You cannot be too cautious with a bang on the head.  If it is nothing, you will at least have piece of mind.  Good luck.
  • Posted

You could go to a walk-in centre and get checked, most of what you describe sounds like anxiety but you want settle till you get reassurance, you could even call 111 there very good at guiding you in the right direction, try not to worry too much, I ran into a wooden door jam and was out cold for at least 5 mins and was fine
  • Posted

Greetings,  "Overreacting"  Really?  I don't think so.  And even if you go to the ER or A&E? and find out that you don't have a brain bleed or anything serious then that's good.  The medical professionals are there to help and easy your mind.  They will tell you how to treat what ever is causing your symptoms.  You did have a blow to the head, a variety of new symptoms, and increased anxiety.  You have a right to find a remedy.  Seeking knowledge is NOT overreacting. Good luck.

• Posted

Good morning, I hope you finally have an answer, did u go to a&e or walk-in centre, I hope you are feeling settled now, please come back on and let us know

• Posted

Hi,

I cracked the back of my head a few weeks back, and similarly after a few minutes initial pain went. Then the next evening i very lightly brushed my left temple moving a strand of hair out the way and it massively hurt. Any time i stroked the area gently, i felt the pain and i started panicking because it was no where near the area that was hit, which made me worry and which made me then feel sick, because that peaked my anxiety. I ended up getting a stiff neck and super bad headache too. In the end, i went to the dr for peace of mind, she did a cranial test, checked back of my eye and told me it could just have been i hit a nerve when i banged my head, causing the symptoms but there was nothing of concern and no issues during the test.

The drs are medically trained, we are not, so it really is in our best interest to go to a dr rather than self diagnose. Hope you manage to get it checked out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.