Bariatric Surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

A year and a half after first meeting with the Obesity team I'm finally meeting a surgeon next week.

Any insight or advice would be massively appreciated!

M smile

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Things should move pretty quick from here then! I have found this forum really helpful since being banded in May. keep everyone updated on your journey! I have my third fill to go to 6ml tomorrow
    • Posted

I'm a bit reluctant to get too excited - but hoping it does! I'm so ready!!

• Posted

If I remember correctly I met the surgeon in January, he said the op would happen by may, being NHS I took that to mean June or July but I received a call in March booking the dietician, a group session and the surgeon who was actually going to do the op and the surgery date. All for April.

It will all happen in the blink of an eye.

• Posted

Ooh that was quick! I think I'm now just starting to realise that after such a long journey I could be in surgery before Christmas!

• Posted

I'd did have over 3 years of counselling, mindful eating, changing my mind, changing it back again. But 3 months post surgery I know that it was the right thing. When you see the surgeon they'll give you a rough time frame, if not then ask.

Where are you having your surgery?

• Posted

Luton and Dunstable hospital. I've been working with them just under two years now! How is life post op?

• Posted

I met the surgeon in March and was banded 5th May!
    • Posted

I met my surgeon in December and operated 4 weeks after .started pretty op diet new year's day and op was on 22nd Jan this year. Now six and a half stone off

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.