Barium

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi had an endoscopy yesterday found a small hiertias hernia took a biopsy said everything looked normal but get results in 4/6 weeks feeling pretty rubbish today is that quite normal I didn’t have sedation. I’m due to have a barium swallow test has anyone had one not sure what to expect any advice would be most appreciated x 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shelley

I had endoscopy without sedation and although felt a bit off for a day or two nothing too bad. Also had barrium and this is no problem it just involves drinking a small amount of something that has the substance/texture of very thick yoghurt it even tastes good.

All the best

Robin

• Posted

Hi Robin. Thank you for your reply have felt pretty rubbish today hope I feel better tomorrow. That’s good I won’t worry about that test then. 

Kind regards 

Shelley 

• Posted

Hi it's nitn not to feel at your best next day as for barium iv had about four done now and if depends on his far down they want to look the last one I had I had to drink a powder then a small drink of lemon juice and swollow it I had a feeling like I wanted to burp. But was told not to I also had a. Injection it was to relaxe the muscles in my stomach and then I had to drink a thick white substance it didn't taste to bad they told me to stand in front  of this machine and took images of me standing at different angles and then laying down it wasn't unpleasant so don't worry 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.