Baroreceptor Dysfunction

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have Baroreceptor Dysfunction that keeps me home most days. Anybody out there that knows how best to control the wide fluctuations especially the low blood pressures. I was told Dr. Melvin Lobo in London treats this and similar conditions. Has anybody on this forum visited him and what was the outcome?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

I too suffer from Baroreflex failure and problems with my autonomic nervous system (plus a number of other health complaints). I have been under the care of Dr Lobo's team at Barts Hospital for 4 years and thoroughly recommend that you contact them. You will receive excellent treatment and advice in the management of this difficult, debilitating and unpredictable condition, and support with any other health matters.

The wide fluctuations in my blood pressure are as well controlled as possible. Any worrying or new symptoms I have are always listened to and promptly investigated, with referrals to other teams as appropriate. I can't offer much advice on the low blood pressure, maybe others on this forum can?

I wish you well. Do let me know how you get on.

Kind regards & best wishes

• Posted

Hi There,

Thanks for the reply . Please kindly give me the phone number to Dr. Lobo's clinic in London. I will try to get a phone consult with him before visiting the office as I am currently outside the UK. I take amlodipine metoprolol enalapril and clonidine interchangeably to control my Blood Pressure. Clonidine helps best but I avoid it whenever I can because of the horrible side effects. Do you also take any of these?

For the low Blood Pressure I wear compression stockings, raise my legs, and drink plenty fluids with added salt and that seems to help me.

Thanks once again and God bless you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.