Barrets osaphagus .can not swallow .after few beers .

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone .I have posted lots before I have barrets osaphagus and silent reflux.

I am posten to say I was at my grandads funeral yesterday .my grandad had barrets osaphagus and he died of oesophageal cancer. Was diagnosed about 6 months ago .

My problem is I had around 4 bottles of beer yesterday at he's funeral

And today the pain in my throat is horrendous .constantly coughing up Flem. And needing to clear my throat and it was OK yesterday but after the beers my throat is so sore today it's hard to swallow. Gone very red .just didn't think it would be like that after a couple of beers anybody else had this before .thanks everyone

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry for your loss.

I have not tried beer, but i have stopped eating loads of foods and hardly eat anything incase it sets mine off. i have flem when it's bad and drives me nuts

• Posted

Hi Dean,

Sorry for your loss and hope you start to feel better soon.

I have come to realize that it's best to stick with a diet that works for me and not deviate else I suffer. I only have reflux but it can be really horrible.

I don't drink so can't speak about the beers but usually they say anything alcoholic is a no no.

What meds do you take?

• Posted

Thanks for reply angel .

I take 20 mg of omeprazole twice a day .but doesn't seem to be helping loads at the minute. I constantly have a really sore throat and have to constantly clear my throat all day .like Flem or mucus.

• Posted

Hi Dean,

You are welcome. What about your diet, are you watching what you eat.

As I go along I am learning what affects me. For example it seems that sugar may be a trigger for acid reflux for me.

I was feeling better last week now my stomach is bacK to where I was the week before. I have to go back on a strick diet again...it's no fun but I hate how I feel when il my stomach is acting up.

So much pressure from my stomach up into my chest and the pain in my stomach and back is horrible plus the sore throat.

Anyway hope you recover soon.

AK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.