Barrets osaphagus .throat really bad .food stuck

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I have had barrets for a long time now I am 30 .but my throat this last week has gone unbelievable sore .struggle to swallow and eat .and when I do eat it just feels like it sits at bottom of osaphagus and doesn't move. Take gaviscon double action doesn't budge at all .bad stomach .ansmd throat so red .I am due a camera in the next week or so .waiting on a phone call

Which I am gutted as I hate having the camera they are awful .but I no I have to have it .I have decided to not drink at all anymore mi did have the odd glass of wine and shandy here and there but not loads .but I am getting worries now that something is hanging around. As always feel unwell and tired .larthagic .so I am pretty much earing fish vegetables potato each night no .any suggestions. And do any of you no if taking omeprazole long term are as bad for you as good been on them bout 6 years or more .

Thanks

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi there 3dean 48614 sorry your having such bad time at the moment I've had problems like you every so often I get a very sore throat and gullet and nothing seems to help except time it's a healer I don't drink or eat really unhealthy foods and I've been on PPI meds for about 3 1/2 years and had camera diwn twice also barium meals done twice and all the tell me is I make to much acid because of stress in my life I can't change I'm a career for my adult daughter she had epilepsy that affects her every day I to worry about being on PPI meds long term and if your having a bad time it will make you feel ill tied and no energe one tip don't drink hot tea and have decaf and coffee is a bad choice also fizzy drinks is bad good luck with camera

• Posted

Thanks alot for your reply. I hope your daughter gets better .and that may be the problem with me sometimes I am a stress head alot .always worrying and over thinking .anxiety .but I'm suffering so bad at the minute with throat and stomach .heartburn .

I have had to much to drink over the last year really and been a bit stupid .well I mean I don't drink alot at all but when go out with friends had a few shandy a week and a wine .but I can tell the after effects straight away .cause I have had barrets since about 23 .I'm now 30 and I need to get my health kick on I really do .as my grandad died 3 months ago of esophageal cancer .and I don't want to end that way .yea just you for your comment

• Posted

I just hope it's not to late and nothing has occurred. I have my camera very soon just very worried incase they find something .fingers crossed .

• Posted

Hi I'm sure you will be ok it's very rare to get cancer just Carrie on with healthy eating and no drinking alcohol things will settle let me know his you get on

• Posted

Please ask your doctor about what to do. It is not right to ask people for medical advice. Sorry I was frank.
    • Posted

I have not asked anybody for medical advice .ans this forum is to talk about your situation ans people dealing with similar problems .

Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.