Barrett's and quite scared.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had severe reflux over the years and in 2017 had the Nissen Fundoplication and touch wlld have felt really well. Sometimes, I have phases when food is slow past the wrap and holds up but I must chew slowly and sometimes I don't. I do have 10cm Barretts though that is non-dysplastic and I'm having regular endoscopies every twelve months but I'm terrified about it ever getting worse, to the point i have bouts of anxiety.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi John,

I'm sorry to hear about your anxiety!

With regular check ups and endoscopies, it sounds like you're doing all you can to keep an eye on it and, god forbid, anything changes for the worse, you and your doctors will be able to identify it quickly to remedy it as much as possible.

Also, I know you worry and it's absolutely understandable but do remember that it is not a certainty that things will get worse.

Sending you lots of support and I hope you can enjoy your life without anxiety!

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.