Skip to content
Ad

Barrett's Oesophagus

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Just been diagnosed with Barrett's Esophagus and I'm scared

Hi all, sorry if this is a long post but I am just after some advice. I am a 33 year old male who has had problems with heartburn and reflux for a while. I have also had Helicobacter Pylori a few years ago which was successfully treated. My father had Barrett's Oesophagus and, unfortunately, has...

Last reply
  • Feeding tube

I am trying to avoid one. My esophagus has no elastic just hanging and not functioning.Everything makes me sick.Doing puree I need some imput please.

Posted
  • Feelin worried

Just been told I possibly have Barrett's (results 2/4 weeks) I'm feeling really worried and scared now... can I please ask if any of you have really bad backache as a main symptom? I seem to have such a bad back along with the odd pains in chest, strange feeling in throat that I can only describe...

Last reply
  • Does Barratt's Nausea?

I was diagnosed with Barrett's about 20 monthns ago following an endescopy. Just before this I had my gallbladder removed and have suffered with IBS since I was 18 (now 60) for which I was given Codeine Phosphate to take.  ​I was having reflux and conatant "burping" which led to the...

Last reply
  • A natural way of dealing with Barretts esophagus?

Hello all,quite recently I realised that my treatment for Barretts did not appear to be working very well I am taking 40mg Lansoprazole twice per day for the usual symptoms,reflux,distension,discomfort in throat etc. I was diagnosed last June with Barretts,hiatus hernia and reflux after undergoing an...

Last reply
  • Blood in my saliva

I was diagnosed with barretts Oesophagus about a year and a half ago following an endoscopy.  Immediately after my endoscopy I got severe heartburn.  i had never had a day of it prior to the endoscopy.  Since then i have taken 40 mgs of Esomeprazole a day and I am not having any heartburn...

Last reply
  • barrett's esophagus

hi everyone just found out in june 2017 ive got barrett's esophagus and hiatus hernia 36 years old problem is only serting solid food i can eat am fine with liquids bit all am eating is soup eggs and chrips that melt in my mout i can eat mash veg when i squash it just seen if anyone else can give...

Last reply
  • Newly diagnosed

Just diagnosed with barret's (my mom has it as well.... wondering about genetics. Am in terrible pain from gerd. Prior to endoscopy i had feeling of globus but not acid reflux feeling. Eating bland diet and taking PPI. In enough pain that I'd take anything at this point. About 10 years...

Last reply
  • Can I avoid PPIs?

i was recently diagnosed with Barrett's and have been told I need to take PPIs indefinitely. I am not happy about this because my GI and stomach are already in dysbiota and is under investigation for other stuff so I don't want to mess with things even more, especially because I believe I may...

Last reply
  • Pain in back etc. should I worry?

Okay, so I have Barrett's and I haven't had many issues but I have had a couple days here where my breast plate hurts, and I am not talking about acid reflux hurting or burning behind it, I mean it is sore like it is bruised. I also have had pains in my shoulder blades for the past couple days....

Last reply
  • Pain for days, now worried

Okay, so I am a 27 year old male. I have Barrett's but I never have had reflux symptoms. So now after my diagnosis (I was diagnosed about 2 months ago) and now for about three days or so I am freaking out because I am having some symptoms that are really bothering me. I have a lump in my throat and...

Last reply
  • Neck pain and Chest Numbness Now I am worried to death

Okay, so I have Barrett's Esophagus and I was diagnosed about two months or so ago. I have been doing what I can to stay on top of all my symptoms and keep acid down which I feel I have been doing great with. BUT all of the sudden I have had a slight bit of pain in my neck around my adams apple and...

Last reply
  • Stomach Pain (slight)

Hey there, I am a 27 year old male with newly diagnosed Barrett's Esophagus (USA). I have noticeable pain right under my left ribs. Sometimes it is just there but not too terrible, other times it just kind of gets a bit worse. I am never in enough pain to where I end up really worrying about it. ...

Last reply
  • My Followup Endoscopy

Hello! I have written on here previously after my first endoscopy that was done 10 months ago. The doctor found a salmon colored tongue that he biopsied and it came back negative for Barretts Esophagus. He said I needed no further endoscopies and I just have a irregular z line. However I was very anxious...

Last reply
  • Stretta or lynx

After a manometry test i have been told i have weak oesophageal muscles and hypotensive upper oesophagus... therefore the surgeon has suggested that best option for me is stretta whereas I would have preferred either lynx or fundoplication for my regurgitation.my insurance company (axa) have declined...

Last reply
  • EDG, ERCP, BRAVO Scheduled, I want to be sure I need them

I'm having a freakout moment right now, pretty scared with these procedures coming up in two days, and after a handful of procedures that I later learned were not necessary, I thought perhaps the collective wisdom of this group might be able to help. I've had GI issues for about 15 years, many...

Last reply
  • Barretts after Toupet

My husband had a toupet March 2015 after having one ablation.  He had long segment barretts with the whole esophagus fully involved.  Had a large hiaital hernia repaired with the toupet.  He had a total of 4 ablations.  Now, after a year later look, he has multiple lesions at the...

Posted
  • Worried waiting for results

I had an endoscopy 10 days ago and was told i have barretts. I have regular scopes. Every 2 years due to my hernia so i was not overly concerned as i knew it was more recent development. They took some biopsy and told me to ring my gp in a couple of weeks to check the results. Again not worried. However...

Last reply
  • pH Manometry result very high

Recently had pH Manometry test, result was 63.9 - up from a score of 54 ten years ago, apparently this is a very high DeMeester score. I also recently had endoscopy and Barretts was discovered but no dysphasia, gastritis and duodenitis also diagnosed.  Hiatus hernia diagnosed 10 years ago and have...

Last reply
  • Barretts oesophagus

Just been diagnosed with Barrett's Oesophagus (low grade dyspalasia) and am a little scared.   Can anyone tell me if they have developed cancer from this?

Last reply
  • My Followup Endoscopy xcgb

Hello! I have written on here previously after my first endoscopy that was done 10 months ago. The doctor found a salmon colored tongue that he biopsied and it came back negative for Barretts Esophagus. He said I needed no further endoscopies and I just have a irregular z line. However I was very anxious...

Posted
  • Fundoplication and hiatus hernia repair

Hello there! I was on this site a lot prior to my operation and did promise I would update people on my experience, I have however been extremely busy due to personal circumstances, but finally here goes; I had my operation at the end of October 2015, when I woke from the anesthesia I was in a lot...

Last reply
  • Horrible symptoms, worried!

I'm 26 and for the past 4 years have experienced horrible acid reflux and trouble swallowing. At first it was just meat, pasta and bread but now it's pretty much everything other than liquid. Often the food will get stuck, and it always goes down really slow. I also have constant shortness of...

Last reply
  • Barretts with Hi grade Dysplasia

Am new to the group.  Have had Barretts for 4 years and was checked every two years.  This lastest endoscopy with biopsy shows Hi Grade Dysplasia.  Biopsy is going on for further analysis..and I am on pins/needles waiting for results: is it just hi grade or possibly undected cancer....

Last reply
  • Question about chest pain...

So I had a post about a month ago that talked about some chest pain that I was having due to stress/BE ... https://patient.info/forums/discuss/getting-a-little-worried--569058 I am still having those pains mostly after either I over eat, or eat something fatty. Are flair ups normal to last this long,...

Last reply
  • Hernia,Barrets and reflux

hi... I have been on this site a few times but wondered if anyone has the same doubts, problems etc as me. I am 60 and have a hiatus hernia, silent reflux and as far as I know ( last endoscopy 2015 .... Another due 2018)  small area of  barretts. I have been offered fundoplacation op versus...

Last reply
  • Nasty taste and tingly tongue

I was diagnosed with Barrett's around 3 years ago. I have no problems other than acid reflux. I was prescribed omeprazole. These make me feel sick most days. I also have ranitidine, I go between both. Over the past few weeks I have had a nasty taste in my mouth. Any ideas?? I reallly would like to...

Last reply
  • Breathless

i have been suffering with reflux last 3 years, I have hiatus hernia and Barrett's oesophagus I take ompresole and ranitidine, I am coping with medication. Don't want operation so far. does anybody get breathless? I can't walk up any hills even small inclines make me very breathless and long...

Last reply
  • Symptoms of Barrett's Oesophagus

Hello can someone help me here as I have to wait 3 weeks for scopes and keep googling and its freaking me out. I have been diagnosed with mild Gerd around 15 months ago, since coming off antidepressants I had a bad stomach cramps attack and now have trouble swallowing food, a feeling of fullness in my...

Last reply
  • Confused n scared what manometry will predict

been diagnosed with gerd and metaplacia at gastroiesophagus junction about 6 years ago am on lanzaprazole n gaviscon.although its better i suffer tremendously with regurgitation daily after anything i eat......i have done all possible lifestyle changes but its becoming unbearable.... it has really put...

Last reply
  • Alternative to fundoplication?

I need advice please.... waiting to have manometry test.....my gastroscopy has revealed that i have a very lax or weak cardia.... should manometry suggest that i have impared oesophagus or motility..... can i still request a nissen fundoplication...or what are effective alternatives? Please advice......

Posted
  • 24hr reflux results and manometry.... now confused

Right I was diognosed back in June with Barrets c5m3 after years of issues I'm a 34 yr old female on 80mg per day of omeprazole I recently got sent for the manometry and reflux tests to determine if I was going to be sent for funduplaction surgery, today I went for my results this was the outcome...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.