Barretts & Hiatus Hernia Symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, diagnosed with Hiatus Hernia, Barretts Osephagus, Glandular mucosa has mild chronic inflammation, no Dysplasia. Is pain under left lower ribs after eating, back pain, weight loss, dry eyes, sinus headaches especially when sitting caused by Barretts & Hiatus Hernia ?

On Esomeprazole 40mg twice a day but still wake early with acid reflux.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm not a doctor. I had very similar symptoms/conditions for years. Once the hiatus hernia was fixed and LINX installed 95% went away - except Barretts remains as one would expect.

• Posted

I too have Barrets and chronic gastric inflammation. eventually diagnosed with reflux both acid and non acid after a lengthy wait. Anti reflux surgery in 1st July unless it gets cancelled (again)! Interestingly I also have formally diagnosed dry eyes jot sure if is connected. No amount of medication has worked for me and so I feel surgery is my best option. Ask your consultant for Ph testing and/or impedance testing, once they formally diagnose acid reflux then other options such as surgery are open to you. I dont experience pain as you have described just relentless awful indigestion and heaviness in my chestnalmost 3 years now its been a ling road!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.