lansoprazole causing wind

Posted , 6 users are following.

Since taking lansoprazole I,ve had a lot of wind if I take gaviscon it seems to make it worse it gets very uncomfortable does anybody  else suffer this I try to be very careful what I eat and I didn't have this before I started the tablets any suggestions will be gratefully received 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry have you talked with your gastroenterologist? I take pantoprozole and I haven't had many issues with it.

• Posted

It's annoying isn't it. I too get wind and it is usually following meals. I take Pantoprazole and get no side effects, I think the excess wind may be due to my Hiatus Hernia or even my IBS.  

• Posted

Hi Joyce,

Unfortunately yes this is a sympton I suffer from also, and have a Hiatus Hernia too.  Ireally dont know what the connection is, but definitely after meals, and sometimes suffer terribly with trapped wind.  I find if i keep standing and walking for at least 1/2hr after eating meals it helps.

• Posted

i was told i had barrets about 2 yrs ago i take pills 3 times a day i find most times it works ok but if i eat the wrong thing i am dubbled up in pain till i pass it side afect with pill is it gives e a lot of wind my other halp gets a bit upset with me at times as it comes out any time i also have an hernia most of the time its ok but latly when i go to bed its very uncomtable and i seem to breath very fast it feels like its presing on my chest i have an hospital apointment in may so will see what they say about it 

• Posted

I started getting burning pain in my stomach when I eat. GI people have now out me on Dexilant which is Dexlansoprazole. I have had fluttering in my colon now for about a week. I have had a colonoscopy yet but have one scheduled in April. I'm not ooking forward to it.

• Edited

i have been taking Lanzoprazole 30mg for a week now and im also suffering from trapped wind. its very uncomfortable going around my ribs ans into my back !

Gaviscon seems to make it worse before it them makes it better will this symptom stay the whole time im taking the drug or does it wear off in a couple of weeks ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.