In really bad state

Posted , 1 user is following.

Can anyone give me some advice?

I have posted previously, diagnosed two years ago but find it hard to tolerate the medication.

I have been on generic brand of nexium for past 18 months with trapped wind but in the last few months the discomfort increased, I was back for endoscopy and consultant prescribed Rabeprazole 40mg daily, these gave me really bad nausea. I also took pepto bismol to help with the nausea. also silicol gel. None of these helped. I tried going back on the generic Nexium but was in agony. I am nearly a week on from taking all these, at present I feel sore inside, especially around my back, I've diarrhoea and I've no appetite. My consultant is going to do scans, I've prescription for cimetidine 400mg twice daily.

I feel I've got to stay off medication until my system settles down. I'm strict with diet and taking all the other precautions.

my recent endoscopy showed no acute inflammation but moderate chronic inflammation remains. I've no intestinal metaplasia.

I'm trying to keep anxiety under control by exercise. Any advice would really be appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.