Barrett’s, Hiatus hernia, Extream health anxiety, fear of dying

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all

so i have posted in here before about my symptoms... i need some advice... my life and well being is hanging in the wind.

6 years ago i was told i had half a cm of barrets a hiatus hernia and gerd.

6 years later im suffering more than ever, breathing, bloating chest pain heart area,

taking deep breaths i feel the tention on my osophagus, and my throat. i had a cam down my nose to look at my throat and all was fine.

i am going for another edoscopy 8th april and i have asked to be put out completly as i am so scared. i am a 36 almost 37 and i am as scared as a child. i dont know if its my stomach causing my chest pain and mimicking heart attacks or it is my heart, i have been to hospital too many times amd bloods come back fine.

i guess i am scared that barrets has progressed from half a cm over the last 6 years my quality of life is so bad... i have drank a lot over the years stopped smoking 3 years ago.

i cannot lay on my back or on my right side

i have to lay on my left side to release my stomach

always bringing up phlem, always detatched nausia never ever quite with it, always soldiering through it putting a brave face on in front of people pretending im ok until i cant bare the pain .

recently told my heart left venticle was pumping at 51% less of 55% normal wondering if thats causing my heart stress? but hospitals are not working fast enough.. im sick of being miss diagnosed or rejected or out aside i look healthy but im weak i cant walk a flight of stairs without being out of breath.

x ray shows lungs fine..

sean

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

when you have hiatus hernia/gerd/barretts, sometimes it flares up and have an attack as i used to call it. it seriously frightened me to death the first time i suffered it. it does feel like youre having a heart attack.

the pain is horrendous.

i too couldnt tolerate being awake or sedated and was given a general anesthetic.

I have had nissan funduplication now so thankfully do not suffer with the pains anymore but i still have barretts and gastritis.

youll be fine being put to sleep whilst they check it all out properly.

BEST WISHES

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.