Barrett’s hernia chest and stomach discomfort

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi all my name is sean im 36 white bristish male... i have been suffering tremendously for years with stomach pain...

i have been told i have hiatus hernia and half a centermenter of barretts, thos was 4 years ago.. i am due to have another test done under general to investigate... i suppose i am scared to death of cancer and thinking the worse. my diet and habits have never been great .

so i have constant preasure in my stomach center below chest and the pressure feels like its pressung on my throat.... i have had scans kn my throat and cam down my nose and all was fine, all my blood tests come back normal ... when i take a deep breath i can feel thr pressure all up my osophagus into my throat. it becomes very tight and almost like a copper taste on my mouth...

i am taking opeprasol 40mg daily,

i am constantly burping my chest feels up with air i need to turn on my left side to release gasses.... my osophagus feels very tender.. i feel very odd. dizzy not with it... the worry has made me anxiouse depressed amd fearful of cancer and death ....my poor kids whitness this.... please someone help me with advice anyone same problems that has had reaults good results fixable ? anyones storys....

bene told inhave 1/2 cm barrets 4 years ago

hiatus hernia at the same time but a berium swollow u jad recently could not see it...

question.... can berium swollow detect stomach cancer????? im suffering and mentally destroyed... i feel less of man im becoming unbareable to live with.. .panoc attacks are so bad... im desperate to be right and someone to tel me im ok

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi

thank you so much becky and Tom, your wise words are comforting... Tom can i ask, did you have problems breathing in deep? did it feel like your throat was being pulled from your stomach? last night i had a late dinner laid on my left side but the pain was like someone was on fire in my heart area... i am extreamly bad pain and discomfort, i cannot walk up the stairs without pain and low breathing. throat closing, chest pain upper left shoulder feels like my bowle is trapped to... tom did you say u had barrets?

• Posted

Hello Sean2018,

Yes I did have Barrett's and the pain too, I also had a Stomach Ulcer & Chronic Gastritis, most if not more of your symptoms, pains shooting up through my neck and Jaw and through my back and shoulders, lying down was impossible and I would wake with horrific pain, so much so I was given double strength codeine to help, which didn't touch the pain, I was very, very poorly.

It Sounds like you may have Dysphagia caused by scarring from the Barrett's , as I'm not a Doctor and treating you it's only a guess but sounds very much like it, an endoscopy & An esophageal motility study or esophageal manometry (A simple test, where by a small tube is inserted through the nasal passage into your gut and monitored for 24hr by a small device fitted to your belt, you will be sent home for the 24hr period, uncomfortable but tolerable) this would establish the cause, if your Doctor has not carried these procedures out then ask for them, if they refuse change your Doctor immediately, remember Dysphagia is not life threatening it's just a symptom of the cause, treat the cause and the symptoms will subside.

Of course breathing will be affected by Esophageal/Diaphragmatic hernia issues depending on severity, but there may also be other issues at play, maybe a proper heart and lung check up is in order too, do it!!! that is not a conclusion it's a suggestion I don't want you to worry at all as you sound anxious as it is, just go for a consultation and also explain your present state of mind that certainly won't help and worrying will not Help you it's a complete waste of your energy and will only make you worse, imagining all sorts of non existent health issues.

• Posted

thanks tom, sounds like u had it all pretty bad....

the cam down the nose to the stomach ill question today.... i have hospital today to discuss having general for the endoscope. so scared about this procedure and obviously the outcome.

im 36 and my luck is bad and i feel negative concerned i may have lived such a unhealthy life.

tom when you took in deep breaths sis you ever experiance tension in your throat amd chest and stomach ? heart looked at lungs x ray and all seems fine.

i have a stupid cough all the time and been coughing plem with bits blood looks like vains...... ive become very frightened to be left alone any pain triggers a panic attack my heart goes... i get very hot and i think the worst.

if i have the operation will i ever be able to work out ?

sorry for all the questions tom. no body has the time for me because they dont know they assume its all on my head...

• Posted

To be Honest Sean2018

it sounds to me like you are suffering with Anxiety & Depression, all those symptoms point towards it, there's little emotional/mental support anyone on this Forum can offer you, you would be going round in circles, I really do think you need your emotional/mental Wellbeing assessed by a qualified Doctor so this can be sorted before you take the procedure.

On a personal note can I ask you if you're overweight ? Do you Drink Alcohol to excess ? Do you exercise and Eat a Healthy diet ? Do you smoke ? If you answer yes to any of these then address this issue asap.

Addressing your physical issues will help no end, exercise is key to a healthy body and mind, eating healthy food is paramount, I workout (High Intensity, Low Impact) but I cannot do sit-ups as this aggravates my stomach, common sense really, but I do, do 'The Plank' to tighten my stomach muscles, I also fast twice per week and fast for 18 hours the other days, start of slowly but first and foremost address your anxiety and wellbeing.

As mentioned the operation is a lifesaver, it saved my life sadly I'm not a qualified Medical Doctor/Nurse so unfortunately I cannot diagnose your symptomatology but coughing and bleeding is not good! But you say you have had your Lungs & Heart assessed and have no underlying medical issues, so I would take it you may be so wound up your hyperventilating, and coughing to try to relieve the symptoms, I'm sorry I can't resolve your anxieties for you the answers you require regarding your last message must be addressed by the medical profession.

Take Care & Be Kind to yourself

• Posted

hello sean,

a relative of mine have problems with swallowing that is the reason i got involved with this group.

have you ever ponder , sean, that all peoples suffer from one thing or another....? YES! ITS TRUE THAT we have seasons in life

when we walked with no health problems at all and that is wonderful yet some other ones are not. .

what is very important is to know we are unique and our lives have a purpose.

we are created beings design to bring glory to GOD!

When moments of affliction come, may i suggest to you, to consider to seek GOD?

The HOLY BIBLE is HIS word to all men. may it be a place of rest , comfort and refuge to you. i am Christian, I

believe in JESUS Christ, and this have made such a difference in my life! And it will be in yours as well, for HIS word is Truth, and Light! best wishes to you, SEAN

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.