Barrett without Symptoms - should I worry?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I was diagnosed last year with a short barrett without dysplasia and a ❤️cm HH. My symptoms started at beginning last year with coughing (3 months) . At diagnosis I only had the barrett without other signs in my esophagus.

Now I´m talking 20mg PPI, raised my head and eat no meal after 6 pm.

My only symptoms -coughing- disappeared and I life my life before my diagnosis with barrett (but with a healthy diet).

What do you think about such a situation ?

Should I worry more because I have no pain or reflux?

I do a lot of sport and try to eat healty diets ( avocados, whole grain, chicken, potatoes, rice, vegetables, fruits... ).

Of corse sometimes a steak or red meal, somtimes a mild coffee - but as I write - no symptoms.

Thank you!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

sounds like you are doing everthing by the book... how many cm was the barrets?

• Posted

i was told i had it 5 yrs ago most of the time i am ok but a week before christmas i got very bad constipaion for 2 days then spent 1 day sat on the loo then i was ok for a day then it started again 2 weeks after christmas i still had it lot of pain at night could not sleep so went to doctors i have been taking mebrovain for 5 yrs with no problem he took me off that put me on a jell with mebrovain that seems to have helped if you have no pain dont worry when you start to get it sort it before its to late i dont do any coughing but get a lot of wind so tend to get up walk out the room break wind then come back

• Posted

i have the coughing and always like phlem in throat,is coughing a bad sign? i was diagnosed 5 years ago with half a centimeter ?

• Posted

one of my doctors told me the chance of getting CANCER FROM BARRETTS is slim. I cut out all PPI meds and take DGL from the nature food store I also take one teaspoon of honey with alittle bit of cinnamon when the DGL dont work I also take baking soda not to often when very acid foods react. ive had BARRETTS for 17 yearsI would still advise a person to check with doctor to make sure just in case. your diet is very good Make sure to know what foods you eat produce acid and keep away from these.

• Posted

Can I ask you why you cut the PPI - do you have no symptoms?

Do you had symptoms before you take the first PPI?

(I never had this typical kind of heartburn - but in my time as a student - about 20 years ago I drink alcohol and lay down after eating too much - that causes my reflux wiht a lot of coughing - time when my barrett formed?! I don´t know.

My GI means that I had this barrett 20 years - because the rest of my esophagsu was completely clear wihtout any signs of acid or reflux - instead the 3cm barrett)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.