Barretts osphagus and fibromyalgia

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone . I am 31 years old had Barretts for about 8 years and also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia a year ago . I am having constant throat problems and chest pain .and also constant body pain all over . but as I am that depressed with it all .I have started drinking a few bottles of beer a day which I no is stupid and foolish . I am sick of dealing with acid reflux and feeling s**t and have g other conditions . anxiety . depression . but since having the beers my throat has gotten really bad .and now I am scared I could of got something and made my Barretts worse .does anybody else on here who has Barretts have a few bottles of beer now and then or is everyone t total .

I am not helping myself but also need help .

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, no beer here. ;-(  But, have you checked for bile reflux?  
    • Posted

hi there no have not checked for bile reflux .have Barretts osphagus and silent reflux .
  • Posted

Hi dean

Alcohol is supposed to be worst thing for acid reflux, are you on any ppi at moment, what have you been talking for barratts for eight years, I have been suffering reflux for past year and half and ppi don't help me much

• Posted

hi there .see the things is I no it's bad for me .but I am.that fed up with things I go have a beer .but in the long run it's not good for me .

I have taking 40mg of omepraxole for the past 7 years .still currently take them .I enjoy a pint .but I no i shouldn't .

but sometimes.i think.a few beers in moderation carnt be that bad

my grandad has Barretts for 40 years .he was an alcoholic . he sadly passed away last year at 73 with esophageal cancer

• Posted

Sorry to hear that, it must be really hard for you to cope with, but a couple of beers is a very long way from being an alcohol, would you try counselling, we all know the risks of reflux, seems correct diet is most important, have you had to have yearly endoscopy
    • Posted

yea he drank every day. at nights .

yea I enjoy a few beers .I do try to eat healthy tho .I have a good diet most of the time .yea I have a endoscopy every 2 years .to keep an eye on things .I have had counselling in the past . just struggle keeping up with things .and go of the path all the time

• Posted

Really Hope things improve for you and that you find peace of mind, let's hope a cure is found for this horrible disease

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.