Barretts with only throbbing pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Barretts over a year ago and was told I needed surgery But found out 6 months ago My 27 year old daughter had cancer so I had to put off doing anything I am currently having severe pain and shaking but no burning I read on several websites sometimes that can happen Usually it eventually stops But iv'e been like this for 3 days and I hate the ER They just give you pain meds and by the time you are home it has worn off I have taken my heart med thinking It might be my heart but it did not help Valium Xanax Nothing I am worried I don't have a clue what is going on Christmas is the wrong time for this to happen Has anyone else ever had actual pain and feeling nervous with no burning  I read alot of posts My heart goes out to everyone 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Thyroid cancer and spread into her chest cavity and lungs She had her Thyroid out at UCLA along with 26 lymph nodes After Christmas she starts radiation Thank you for asking
    • Posted

Tnx for the reply. Take care of yourself, try to be strong and trust medicine...
  • Posted

I can understand your wanting to be there for your daughter but even though the holidays are coming up, it sounds like it's time to take care of yourself.  Have you called your doctor to setup an appointment? And a trip to the ER isn't the worse thing.  I'm not a doctor and don't know what is happening to you but please get medical attention as soon as possible.   I was diagnosed with Barrett's with high grade dysplasia, and can tell you tell you that treating it is no picnic.  Endoscopies, biopsies, ablations, and surgery and then lots of followup.  

• Posted

Your absolutely right I  broke down and called my docs emergency number and I'm going on Tuesday However if it gets worse I will take your advice and go to ER Barretts is something I have never heard of I googled my symptoms and Barretts showed up Went to Doc and had an endoscopy and turned out to be right I do need to be ok for my daughter Thank you for your thoughts

• Posted

I'll be keeping good thoughts for you.  Let us know how it goes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.