Bartholdi abscess.. Any advice until I get to the ER?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So this is my second BC, the first one was almost exactly a year ago. I had no idea what it was until I woke up a few days in, in the middle of the night in excruciating pain and took myself to the ER. I had it lanced and drained, but I've still been able to feel a small lump since then. nothing irritating, I just know it wasn't totally gone. I'm now on day 3 of my second one and waiting for my husband to have the time off work and a babysitter for our kids to be able to take me to the ER since I'm at the point I can't sit already to take myself. Sitz baths find me no relief at this point. Pain meds either. Any suggestions until I can get it taken care of? And I refuse to pop it on my own.

Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

And the title shows up spelled wrong. Of course ugh. I can't even focus at this point.

• Posted

I have been suffering from these for over 4 years and haven't had any luck finding home remedies. Some swear by tea tree oil but I didn't have any luck.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that, I know your frustration, I tried to pup it 3 times with a middle, but it's no easy, I think it's risky, but desperation took me to that point. I hope you didn't go to ER, if you can't sit very well, your cyst may be close to drain by itself, what I did 2 month ago, took ibuprofen, sitz bath and go to bed with a big pillow o 2 between my legs and read, next day it drained by itself., I wish all the best for you, I hope you are feeling better, take care.

• Posted

I still haven't made it to the ER. But it's doubled in size and pain overnight. Sitz baths or warm compresses are finding me no relief at this point. They did the day before yesterday, but now not at all. I don't know if I can withstand waiting to let it pop on its own. And yes, sleeping is only possible with pillows between my legs, but the pain and discomfort is waking me up at all hours of the night. Thank you all for your feedback I truly appreciate it

• Posted

Sorry for way  you feel. The first time I have it, it was very painful, I went to my famiy dr, and he said: its BC, antibiotics will help you, next day it was like a grape, it was Friday, and my doctor advise me to go to ER, I didn't know what was going on, so I went to ER that night, and they lance it and drain it, it was 11 years ago, but I still remember the Dr. saying to his student that my cyst wasn't ready but he will lance it and hopuly it will go away, and I countinue taking antibiotics. Saturday morning my cyst was like a grape again, and more painful than before, I didn't comeback to ER, I wait for Monday and come back to my regular doctor on military base, all the hospital came and check me, no one wanted to lance it, and finally they found one, he was a Ginecologist and a surgeoun as well, he was very nice and knew his job. Just be careful where you go, I hate going to ER, try to see a nice Ginecologist and surgeoun as well,  experience is a plus. There was on day I was pregnant, I went to my new family Dr, he call for the ginecologist because he told me, he never saw a BC before and has no idea how to lance it, the ginecologist was going into surgery in a few minutes, and I heard him telling my Dr, you have no option, just do it, I will explain you how to do it. The Ginecologist came to me and told me he will be in surgery, and ask me if I could wait about 6 hours o come back next day? to tell you the truth I was in ER the day before and I run away, because I got very scared, I could not wait any minute more, and he ask me if I was comfortable withe the other doctor to do the lancing, I said yes, I trusted my doctor, he explain what him what to do, He did a great job. I know the feeling and the pain you going now, if you can't handle any more go to your ginecologist, or make her or him to refere you someone that knows the procedure. I am very sissy, and can't handle pain, but I did it the last May, only because I was waiting to see the doctor for my second marzupalization, it was memorial day. I felt the cyst Friday night, on Saturday I though with a pill it will go away and I keep doing my chores in the house, Sunday morning I was very stubborn, and did some cleaning in the house just to forget about the cyst, but after 12 pm I couldn't handle the pain anymore, because it will go on my legs, my lower back, and I felt like i was in my cycle, so I went to bed the whole afternoon, sitz and facebook lol, that and the forums are my entreteiment in this situation. Monday morning I call my ginecologist to see if she was working that day, and not, she wasn't, so I had to wait for Tuesday, but around 9am my cyst drained by itself, i was mad because i was waiting so bad for my second marzupalization.

I hope you feel better, you don't have to be in pain, take some pain killers for it, ask the farmacy how much you can have.

My best wishes for you again, and really hope you feel better soon for your kids.

Janet

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.