Bartholi. Cyst/ Abscess

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello everyone,

To whom that already experienced this kind of pain 😦 Please advise. Its now on my 3rd feeling the pain, the first 2 days I can still walk and go at the office, but the pain down there is still bearable.

But now on my 3rd day, I cant even go to office. I am planning to see a doctor today. Would like to ask you guys, how much did it cost you if surgery was done?

Since I was not able to go to office today, I do some research and found out that bartholin cyst/ abscess is what I'm feeling.

The lump is very swollen now and its too painful, I have tried getting myself in a warm bath. But still the pain was there 😦(( Please advise

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mae, sorry to hear you're in pain. I'm in the Uk so can't advise cost wise my experience here is they give you antibiotics and put you on a waiting list to see a consultant (4 -6 months) - but mine burst itself after about a week. Absolutely awful. Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hello Victoria, thank you so much for responding to my concern. How did it burst by itself? Did you follow any procedure regarding that? Or do you also go to bath with a warm water? Its really painful, today I got some courage to go the hospital, though while I'm walking its totally aching, I felt like the skin was going out. 😦

• Posted

Hi. Yes it got intensely painful and then burst by itself. Warm salty baths are good. I also used a drop of tea tree on a cotton pad with water to wipe the area. Careful with that though - some people can be allergic. Good luck at the hospital.

• Posted

Hi, today after I check with a doctor was advised to take a bed rest with prescribed antibiotics. A while ago I experienced so much pain by just standing up because I have to go to the bathroom it is the most painful I experienced so far 😦 After a while, when I go to bed it suddenly burst out, and per checking the pus has already came out. Suddenly the pain let go as well.

But I'm still worried because even if the pus burst, the lump was still there and still 1.5 inches. Was it normal? PLease advise

• Posted

Yes the lump can take a while to go down. It may continue to discharge for a while yet. Mine seems to have stopped only recently and mine burst on 5 June!

Some on here recommend hot compress but I couldn't do them due to surgery on the other side and wound not yet healed. So you could try that to encourage the rest to come out.

• Posted

How are you feeling now?

And how long did it take you to be fully recovered?

Thanks for your advise, after I read your comment I immediately get my hot compress then.

• Posted

Well I don't think I'm fully recovered. Lump is much smaller and soft - but it feels like it could get bigger again. How are you getting on? Any improvement?

• Posted

I am fine now hoping for your full recovery also, and for the rest experiencing this pain. at first the doctor thought it was bartholin cyst, but she says that it was a "folliculitis" rather, that has been infected because of pus.

But still Im taking antibiotics. Get well and thank you Victoria

• Posted

Sad to say 😦 after I get recovery from July, it came back this day December 03, 2019 😦( I have a lump again exactly on the same side, its not yet painful today, I got a check up today with a doctor because I dont want to happen again what I experienced last July. But the doctor only prescribed me pain reliever 😦 I was advised to wait till it burst on its own, and if I came to a point that it is very swollen but still not bursting that is the time I had to do the operation.

I am really worried because I already experienced the worst feeling I ever feel. So afraid to feel it again 😦

Was a hot compress advisable ? Please advise, any response would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

• Posted

Oh Mae, so sorry to hear that!

Mine still hasn't gone (the one that burst in June!) but where it burst didn't heal over so it drains every few days - but just a bit. I can't seem to get it to go down fully no matter what I try!!

Hope to hear advice too!

I think this one might burst more quickly than your last one as it will have a weak point on it.

Have you tried tea tree? Go easy as some are allergic. Drink plenty of water. Stay strong!

• Posted

Thank you for the reply Victoria, I appreciate it. Yesterday, I could still manage the lump, can walk and I even go to the doctor. But when I woke up today, the familiar pain came back again 😦 I cant even sit properly and for every movement it is painful. Its really uncomfortable and scary feeling that there is something growing on down there 😦 I only drink pain killer and put some hot compress.

I havent tried the tea tree, what is it for? The sad thing is that Im not with my family and I dont want them to know that Im suffering in this kind of pain 😦 I am currently staying at an apartment near my office, I'm with my 2 officemate and im alone when they got to work at the office.

Hoping you could get better soon too, hugs from distance. Lets us be strong.

• Posted

Are you being taken care of at the hospital?

• Posted

Hi Victoria, finally it burst today Thanks God, but there is still a lump 😦 I am planning to go again to doctor today

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.