Bartholin abscess - 3 weeks and still in pain!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi! I'm new here so go easy on me please!

I'm 26 and had my first bartholin abscess marsupialisation on the 2nd March. I was terrified and hate blood so all in all was not happy about going in. The op went well, and I was home that evening.

I had a serious lack of follow up information given to me at the hospital and through a pdf I stumbled across online managed to figure out what to do. However, it's been just over 3 weeks and it still is really uncomfortable to sit, it's still hurting a lot if I catch the skin when I wipe after I've been for a wee, and it still let's off a smell I can only describe as, well, medicinal or clinical. I'm terrified to look at it because I really upset myself checking jt after the op - no-one told me he have about 8 bright yellow stitches and I sobbed my little heart out sad

All in all, I'm just looking for some advice before I ring my gp and book a follow up appointment. I've had to leave my work this evening because I couldn't get comfortable sitting down on the office chairs but I can't afford to keep coming home.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.