Bartholin Abscess Troubles

Posted , 1 user is following.

I recently got married back in June, after returning from honeymoon I noticed a lump on my left side near to my vaginal opening - this was not painful. I left it alone but after several days it had swelled into the size of a golf ball, I could not walk / sit / stand. I went to the DR's who prescribed me anti-biotics but also told me to go to A & E because of how infected it is. Whilst at A & E they tell me to see how the anti-biotics work but if it gets any worse to go back. A few days later it was so unbearable I couldn't even stand up straight so went back to A & E. Whilst there the DR said he could pop it but where I was on my period there is a real high risk of infection so I decided against it. Several days later the abscess popped itself in the middle of the night. Approx 3 months later the exact same symptoms (hard lump) came up but this time on my right side of the vaginal opening. After a few days yet again it has swelled to size of a golf ball and it very painful. DR has prescribed anti-biotics and I have been having several sitz baths a day but nothing seems to be working. The pain is unbearable, I've moved on from cocodamol to oramorph but nothing seems to be taking away the pain. I have had to take time off work & the only way I am remotely comfortable is laying in bed on my back. The DR is going to ring me in two days to see if it is any better - however I am scared to get it drained because of the horror stories I have read online. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.