Bartholin Abscesses Incision

Posted , 2 users are following.

HI! I had my abscess drained 3 days ago. It was packed with gauze, which was removed at home yesterday. How long should I expect to wait before the incision heals?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

that's great...it's better you have to abstain from sex too for about 4weeks...i know it sucks...just to say at least to avoid the cyst for recurring

• Posted

i wasn't asking about when i could have sex again. i was asking how long my incision was going to take to heal lol. you said the same thing on someone elses post as well

• Posted

hahaha...i got it actually from my doctors advice...even though your incision will heal 3days after or maybe a week(i think it depends also on your medication)...

and it doesn't mean that if your incision is healed, you can have sex again right after...that is why need to abstain from sex maybe at least 4weeks or follow doctors orede

• Posted

definitively did not heal in 3 days or a week. it's been 2 and the incision is still there

• Posted

doctors order...good luck...let's just pray that it will not come back again....:-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.