Bartholin absess

Posted , 2 users are following.

I went to the doctors today and found out I have a Bartholin abscess. It is very very painful to walk and sit. They put me on antibiotics and told me to sit in a bath in hot water 4 times a day. How long is it going to take to burst?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Autumn, unfortunately it may NEVER burst. I had to have mine lanced opened with a werd catheter inserted inside the gland to drain for two weeks. Unfortunately my dr performed this procedure without the use of any type of local anesthesia. My cyst was about the size of a small egg. My other had one for over 30 years that had gotten as large as a lemon. My mother finally had something done about hers but it was about too late to lance it, they had to remove the gland entirely. This is why I opted to have treatment because my mother told me the gland removal was the worst surgery she had ever had in her life in comparison to (2) c sections, (2) breast augmentations and a hysterectomy. So please don’t wait forever before getting treatment. My cyst had not gotten infected at the time of the surgical drainage but I didn’t want to wait until it did. You can actually watch a video on YouTube of the procedure being done with the werd catheter placed inside the gland for drainage. Just search YouTube for “Bartholin Gland/Werd Catheter Surgical Procedure”. Just be sure whoever does the surgery has ALL INTENTIONS OF USING LOCAL ANESTHESIA. I actually left a blog about my Horrific Procedure on this site. Please feel free to read my blog to learn more about my experience. I wish you the best of luck with home treatments. I hope you feel better soon! Sincerely Angela. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.