bartholin cyst

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have a bartholin cyst as well. It is located on my lower labia, and unlike most of you guys mine hurts a lot! And it is getting difficult to walk. I am scared to get it drained. But I think I have no choice. Do they medicate you when they do? And do any of you guys know what will happen if it burst? And final question do any of you know how to relieve  the pain for a bit?

Thank you 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi ive suffered om these monsters for the past 2 years now. My last one reoccurred and was almost the size of a golf ball covering my pocket books opening. However the previous ones were cut and drained at the ER. They first clean the area numb the area with lidocaine and then use a small scalpel and make a small incision within the sac and allow it to drain you would then feel a warm stream of pus and blood run down your behind (sorry so graphic) but you will immediately feel relief. They will clean it out and pack it with gauze prescribe antibiotics and ask that you to sit bathz to help with healing and drain. However that wound is left open to allow a passage to drain. But thus far those procedures didnt work for me so i decided to seek further care. I went to my gyno who looked at it once and asked if i wanted it gone. Im now 3 weeks pp of having the whole cyst removed. I still have a few stitches but im much better and waiting on my check up on next week.
  • Posted

I just posted... but I have one I just got to drain on its own.... I lied back my labia to open up my vagina basically and there was a bubble almost behind the cyst... just on the inside of my vaginal opening. It was like I found the head of the pimple! Googled a bunch about bartholins abscess etc... that bubble is the point which the mucus secreted to lubricate the vagina for sex. I barely pinched it and some puss oozed out. Relief from the pain was instant without anyone cutting into me. Cleaned the area afterwords with some mild anti bacterial soap and water. It will drain for a couple days so I am wearing a pad. I messaged out mostly all of it. There is a hard bump left over but that will shrink over the next week! I hope this helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.