Bartholin Cyst

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello I’m dealing with my first BC I went to the ER I had to get the Word Catheter, but after I  was in the worst pain I ever felt in my life,I feel a lot better with the antibiotics but does the catheter supposed to fall out on its own??  Someone help me pleaseeee 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Andrea I feel your pain so much tight now! I've had word catheters a few times and have heard different things from different doctors. Some being they need to stay in until you schedule a follow up appt, some saying that they may fall out, and some saying you can take them out yourself. I'm currently dealing with one that seems to be pushing/falling out and it feels like it's ripping the incision. I don't know if it's worth it to just cut the tip off and let it drain so its not ripping out.

If yours has fallen out I would recommend just setting up a doctor's appt to explain what happened.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.