Bartholin cyst a day after word catheter fell out

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I had a 5cm Bartholin cyst during pregnancy. After the baby, I went the hospital and had a word catheter put in. It remained in for 2 weeks and 2 days and fell out on Wednesday. However yesterday I saw that I have a cyst in the same place about 1.5-2cm so a lot smaller. I thought the new opening would have drained it?! Sat in the bath yesterday but still there. I have seen home remedies for turmeric/coconut oil followed by baking soda and salt but bit scared to do it as I do have a hole the fluid it meant to come out of. It never turned into an abscess and was not painful until obviously I had the word catheter. I took augmentin and the swabs came with ecoli so I took anti biotics for that. I have seen Epsom salt but I had a blood clot on the lung after the baby in February this year so I’m mega paranoid about using anything herbal. I want to avoid surgery under every circumstance.  I did have a squeeze of it after the bath hoping the new opening would work but nothing. 

And help would be appreciated. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Unfortunately the cysts have many different loculations which are just like little pockets within the cysts that the fluid and stuff gets caught in

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.