Bartholin Cyst excised 5 weeks ago

Posted , 6 users are following.

5 weeks ago I had an operation to have a bartholin cyst excised as it abcessed and the cyst came back. I've already had 2 operations so cant bare to go through this again, I just wondered how long people experienced pain for after? I get twinges and pains (more of a sore feeling) atleast everyday I recently had my smear done as doctors said it would be okay to do so. I keep getting checked out as I'm so scared its gunna abcess again, I've tried to do everything in my power to eating/drinking less sugar and making sure I clean as good as I can down there and sit on a doughnut ring at work. Doctors said its scar tissue causing it to feel hard (but in my head I keep thinking its coming back) Just wanted to know if anyone else still experiences pain and what they do or if there is anything i can put down there. I read vaseline is good but for fresh wounds but dunno if that would work down there lol.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had the surgery a week ago to remove the gland as well as the cyst. The dr said I will not experience another cyst because the gland is no longer there. Maybe this is an option you can consider.
    • Posted

How are you holding up being 1 week after surgery?
    • Posted

I didnt have the option as the surgeons said they might have to remove it but said they would dig deeper and remove the cyst (I know someone that had this done and theres didnt come back) Seen as they never fully removed the cyst and its sac im trying to be hopeful. I dont mean to alarm you but I have read alot of posts about people still have trouble with cysts after the gland removal.
    • Posted

I'm still pretty sore since my cyst was larger than anticipated (the size of a softball). I'm still walking slow and unable to sit comfortably.

• Posted

Did they put in any tubes or stitches or anything? I have surgery to remove the cyst again on Wednesday. Then she said she is removing the gland. This is my 9th cyst in 1 year. All pretty large as well.
    • Posted

I have stitches that will dissolve on their own.
  • Posted

How long were u off work because of this surgery?
    • Posted

I initially took 1 week but at the end of the first week, I was still in alot of pain so I took of a second week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.