Bartholin Cyst help!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I have a Bartholin Cyst, I’ve had them before and besides the pain of it have had no other symptoms but this time aswel as the pain I’m feeling sick, light headed and tired. Has anyone else had them and become sick from them? Or am I just unlucky enough to be getting a bug at the same time?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Should like it's become infected! This happened to me everytime and I had to go in to get them drained. Please go to the doctor's as it will only get worse and you will end up on the drip. Good luck xxx

• Posted

That's not a good sign. Can you go to the E.R.? The infection could easily have gone systemic (in the bloodstream).

• Posted

Sounds like it may be abscessed. I am currently recovering from one that came out of no where two weeks ago. Within a few hours I was feeling very ill and had a fever. Went to obgyn the next day, she drained it and inserted a word catheter. I had this happen twice before on the other side 4 years ago but this one has by far been the worst. It took one whole week just for it to start draining because the swelling was so bad. I have been miserable to say the least. I am on antibiotics as well. If you're feeling sick it's best to get it looked at sooner than later.

• Posted

Hi Jade. I had one last week, for the first time. I was in a lot of pain and had it for 5 days before I saw the gyno. I’d been on antibiotics for that 5 days too. By the time I saw the gyno I was pretty unwell and it had turned to an abscess. I had a marsupialization the day I saw the gyno. Before the op I as in a heap of pain and was really lethargic and drained. After the op, I was even worse. I was tired to the point of exhaustion, sleeping non stop and just felt drained, lethargic and unable to do a thing. Someone on here said it’s due to the infection and the dr said the same thing. Its been just over a week since the surgery and I’m finally feeling better. I hope you get it sorted. These things are hideous. 
  • Posted

Thank you for your replies. It burst last night before I’ve had chance to go to the doctors. I’m no longer in pain but still feel awful so looks like a trip to the doctors. Thank you! 😊

• Posted

Yay! That's great! I hope you're feeling better soon! Honestly you should be fine now but if you can get on antibiotics that would be helpful. Big hugs and happy for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.