bartholin cyst its getting bigger and more painful

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have had a bartholin cyst for about a week and only in the last few day has it got bigger but to night it has got very painful that i cant sleep im only 17 its very painful that im in tears please help i dont know what to do

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi I'm on my second cyst now the first one I had got like that too I couldn't even walk I had to go to the hospital and they performed a marsupialization straight away. If I was you I would go town to the hospital it might be infected on you try take a hot bath with tea tree oil and sea salt if you can it helps with the pain and also helps it pop or drain on it's own but for me this does not help but i hope it will for you they are not nice to have.

• Posted

No they are not ill try the bath anf if that dont help ill go ti the hospital
    • Posted

Bath did not work not its the size of a golf ball i dont know what to do
  • Posted

If i was you I would go to the hospital and hopefully they will drain it for you but unfortunately and I hate to say it this might not be your last one mabe it will for some people it takes only one marsupialization operation to stop them coming back but this is very rare some of us are not so lucky I hope you get help you need
    • Posted

It has poped and i didnt nothing to it

Its has been bleeding it happened when i was asleep last night it hurts abit not as much now

• Posted

Aw you are lucky then it probably was infected if it was bleeding but I'm not certain.. just keep getting the baths it will heal for you quicker and help it drain more if needs to.. unfortunately mine is still there after 3 months going back to the hospital again with it sad

• Posted

Mine popped itself yesterday 2am. I spent 4 days in bed. You need to get to a doctor. Get him to see if it's abscessed. If it has he will give you antibiotics.

It's the worst pain I have ever had including all my major surgeries.

I couldn't walk or sit. Going to the toilet was hell on earth.

I used warm compresses with teatree on and salt baths. Took 4 days to pop on it's own. It's the best relief in the world but messy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.