Bartholin Cyst Need to know how the healing should be going

Posted , 2 users are following.

HI, 

I need a little help here. I am 52 year old woman. Never had any female issues. I wasn't feeling well tired, weak like I had the flu, I chalked it up to the long drive I had the day before from vacation. I reached down to wipe and felt this huge lump the size of a grape. It just came out of no where. It hurt to touch. I went to bed and next morning I was in terrible pain. Went to see family doctor and she said it was Bartholin Cyst and poor thing to me LOL.  She said it needed to be lanced and packed but they do not do that at the office. She recommended I try some antibiotic and pain meds (thank the lord) and sitting in tube 4 times a day. If it gets bigger or worse, go to ER . And not to pop it almost impossible not to try, I kept heat on it and it did drain some. This morning it's down quite a bit but not draining but there is a small hole where the "head" came to be. So I look like I have small ulcer. Still Painful but smaller. So, my question to you all is Is this ok? Do I just be patient and let the antibiotics heal, will it all eventually drain out? I realize I am on day 2, I am just worried and still in pain. I don't know if I should go to ER and get it lanced even though its smaller.  I did put tumeric paste on yesterday , seem to help little but made me itch. Did you put anything on the cyst?  I appreciate any help or feedback. I am miserable 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi There

Just reading you comment..so sorry you aren't feeling well . I would try sitting in a sitz bath with warm water, epson salt & maybe a little baking soda..do this 3 times a day... I did have one and decided to have the surgery it's called a marsupluzation...I wasn't patient so decided that I needed this thing gone...

I know suffer with sebaceous cysts very annoying....

If I can be of any help I'm here I know it's very frustrating

Did dr think yours was infected ? It sounded like it was because they don't really hurt just annoying unless infected...also I suggest not having it lanced it will be painful if anything do for surgery it's not bad at all it's quick and you go home right after

Renee ?

• Posted

Thank you for reply. Doctor said it was infected Abcessed . I really dont want to have it lanced . Hanging in here. Its just so painful. sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.