Bartholin cyst PLEASE HELP.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm 20 years old and have been dealing with a bartholin cysts of 2 years now. Right at this moment the cyst appears to be small and pretty deflated, very soft -which is how it appares often. However every single time I have sex and even sometimes when I don't the cyst expands considerably, and tend to feel slightly tender, harder (due to it being more filled out). The cyst is never infected whether it's small or larger. The problem is whenever my appointments come the swelling is already down significantly and so the doctors do not see the need to do anything about it despite the fact that it swells up EVERY OTHER DAY. This morning I managed to book an emergency appointment whilst the cyst was big, slightly tender very uncomfortable. Unfortunately for me because I'm moving to Germany in 3 months my GP will not refer me to get treatment. This entire situation is making me so depressed and sometimes I feel like just cutting up my vagina Andy removing the cyst myself. I need help and advice. Thank you.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I feel for you! I jus had my first one I am 24 years old. Also it is not good too have sex with these cysts as it can make them fill up with more fluid and get worse.

I ordered serrapeptase & silicea 30c online from Walmart. My cyst started about 6 days ago so after researching I ordered those two things. Had to wait a few days for them to come in so I was in excruciating pain, the only thing that helped me relieve it was taking 4 ibprofen as needed and taking hot baths. I took the serrapeptase and dissolved 5 silicea under my tongue as it says on the bottle (it says to do this three times a day) at about 1:30pm yesterday took another dose of the silicea around 8 then woke up around 10 this morning to take another and also again took more serrapeptase laid back down till about 12 and started to feel the cyst to see if it had went down any kinda massaged on it a little it hadn't really went down. A couple minutes later I went to feel again only to notice some blood and a terrible smell ran to the bathroom. It had burst I continued to push on the cyst to get as much out as I could. My cyst was about the size of a golf ball or better it is now much smaller and I feel so much relief. I can actually walk right now as I was not able to before and I am wearing a panty liner as it is still draining. I believe those two medications saved me. I would highly recommend. I was in terrible pain for days until it decided to burst, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. It also made me not able to have sex with my boyfriend which has been super inconvenient. I'm so glad it burst. I will continue to let it drain and see if it goes down anymore. Best of luck to you!

• Posted

I had mine lanced a dozen times over a 10 year span. I tried hot baths and other home remedies but I could never get it to drain on my own. I finally had the marsupialization surgery and almost a year now with no problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.