Bartholin cyst problems. Anyone else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all. I'm 23, recently had my first bartholin cyst almost a year ago. No pain. Recently just got into a relationship which meant going to the gyno to get my yearly check up. Well she saw my cyst and told me to have it drained. The first one wasn't too bad, stings from the needle, you get patched up and go home. Well two days later, I got another one... this time on the left side. (Gotta be kidding me) and this one hurts, painful tender one. So, I go back and have this one laced. But had to have stitches put in this one. One of the worst pains I've ever had to deal with. I am on almost a week of having this done. My original right one is back, and guess what? My left one is back too. So Tuesday of next week, I am having a marsupilization done on both sides. I am sooo nervous and scared. I have been crying for hours now. I am so scared to go through this and then come back. My sex life is non exsistant right now. And I'm afraid it's going to be like that for a long long time. sad anyone else go through these awful buggers?? Anyone have this procedure done? If so please let me know how it is and how the recovery is and if they come back. I'm so scared. 

Much love 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening to you. I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy at the moment 😧

I developed a lump (BC) a week ago today. It came up the size of a golf ball and I could barely breathe it was that painful. I called the doctors on Tuesday and the nurse see me prescribing antibiotics and said to go to A&E if it hasn't gone down by Friday. In my option completely miss out the GP. Go straight to A&E do not pass go do not collect £200. As embarrassing as it is the antibiotics does not get rid of the cyst it removes the infection inside it. After SITTING in A&E for 8 hours the Gynie team told me to come back in the morning for a balloon catheter procedure to drain it.

Now I'm not going to lie this was so painful. I think my doc was a bit premature as the anesthetic hadn't kicked in when he started cutting but there we go I survived. He then put in the Catheter which was uncomfortable but not painful. Now though, 2 days later I still can't sit very well. Living off oromorph and dreading peeing. But on the upside the pain isn't as bad as before the op. Regardless of the pain you need to have it done. I'm hoping this is it now it will go away forever. Be brave. Don't be afraid to ask a million questions.

Good luck hun x

• Posted

Hey! I just read your post. I hope the Catheter helps. I had my marsupulization surgery about 5 days ago.  I am still in a bit of pain. But I am surviving. 

If anyone has any questions about my experience let me know. I'll be happy to tell you everything and be 100% honest 

• Posted

Hello

I had mines come back. First one was in 2017 now again. This time my doctor referred me to a specialize to rule out cancer because mines is firm to the touch.

I hope it's not cancer. 

I had sex and it swollen up really bad now it's going down but not completely gone.

Was yours firm to the touch???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.