Bartholin Cyst that isn’t infected

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I have had 2 Bartholin cysts in the past, both of them turned into abscesses. They were so painful that the first time I had to go to the ER, it was unbearable! So this is my third Bartholin Cyst and it is not infected. What should I do? I’ve been reading up on ways to get it to drain (applying Apple cider vinegar directly on the cyst, or making a tumeric paste and applying it) but I’m wondering if these ‘remedies’ are for Bartholin Cysts? Or only for Bartholin abscesses? I really would like to get rid of it before it somehow gets infected! 

As of right now, I’ve been taking women’s probiotics for about and month (daily) and I took a sitz bath yesterday and today with some apple cider vinegar in it. 

Any help is appreciated! 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

did you figure it out? I have a Bartholin Cyst that isn't infected. it is not painful but i do feel drier than usual. the bump is uncalled for. did you get rid of your non infected cyst?

• Posted

same here. developped a barrholyn cyst 6 months ago. no infection or pain. it showed up big one day! there since. i feel drier than usual... it makes me sad. i am 38, n not sexually active for a while either.. i wish itd go away i wish to go back to normal (unclogged duct)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.