Bartholin gland cyst?

Posted , 1 user is following.

For the last 3-4 months I have been struggling with cysts whether it be on my thighs, neck, back or groin/genital region.

My usual GP told me it was folliculitis. So I was on a course of antibiotics, then would have it again etc.

A new cyst appeared on the outside of my ladybits. It was the size of a pea but over two days it grew bigger and it became difficult to move/walk/sit without being uncomfortable or in pain.

Finally I went to a different doctor where I was tested for all STDS including hiv, which was very scary as I've never had one before.

The blood tests and swabs came back with everything negative.

However the doctor told me that this is a bartholin cyst.

He prescribed a stronger antibiotic and said he can drain it if it doesn't clear up inna few days.

I've never heard of this before and I've looked online and found info but not as much as I'd like.

Has anyone else experienced this?

If So, what helped ease the pain/discomfort?

Also does anyone know what causes it or if there's a way to prevent it?

Sorry for the wall of text, I'm just a little anxious about all of this.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.