Bartholin gland removal question

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi!

I've had a Bartholin Gland Cyst "off and on" for two years now.  They are cyclical in that they get larger and larger until right before my period, they burst.  I have gotten them lanced and that only helps temporarily.  It always comes back in a few weeks.  My doctor is going to surgically remove it in 4 days because of its nonoccurence.  However, he mentioned that the success of the surgery is largely dependent on how big the gland has swollen when it takes place.  Just my luck a few days ago my cyst burst and has fully drained.  There is a little swelling only.  Has anyone come across this particular situation?  Has this eliminated them from surgery?  I really want to get the surgery because I know its just a matter of weeks before it comes back again.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Sabrina!

I have gone through the same thing...and my doctor told me that as well. He told me to come back as soon as the swelling began again (right at the beginning stages so it’s not too big or too small). Once I felt that oh familiar icky feeling and felt the swelling start again, I immediately called him, and he got me in the next day as an emergency operation. The surgery was successful! I’ve been cyst free for about 3 years now and feel like it won’t ever happen again (thank goodness!) good luck! And the healing isn’t bad either! Just avoid walking and stairs for a while. And no orgasms! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.