Bartholin Marsupialization recovery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a fit and healthy 26 year old female and I am 7 days post op for my Bartholin Marsuplialization. The cyst was originally the size of a marble and didn't bother me, but it grew overnight into a painful golf ball sized lump, I went to the emergency room and had the marsupialization done under general a few hours later. I have noticed an increase in the drainage over the last 24 hours, but my sex drive has also returned in the last 24 hours. Has anyone noticed anything similar? I've been doing the sitz baths and using hot and cold compress (which ever feel more comfortable at the time) to manage the pain. I've been taking vitamin C, zinc and magnesium. Does anyone have any tips to make the recovery shorter? Honey? Certain dressings? Diet? I am very keen to have sex again!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I had the marsupialisation surgery 07/14/18 and its been 5 weeks I still have stitches... trust me sec anytime soon is a bad idea.... the wound has to heal not only from the outside but the inside also

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.