Bartholin's Cyst

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey guys,

I'm 23, just got my first cyst. Started all of the sudden last Thursday, went to the gyno today (Friday) and she made an incision and put a little plastic rubbery rube in it. Supposed to stay in for a week, then if it doesn't fall out by then she removes it. 

My questions are these:

Why is it still swollen and will it go down completely eventually? 

Will it come back? 

And last, when will I be able to have sex again... If it is fully healed will it hurt something again? 

PLEASE HELP, MEN REALLY HAVE IT MADE!!! 

Thank you to all!! 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I've had a couple... all of them super painful. The swelling will go down. Make sure you take all of the antibiotics. Don't miss a single one. And yes. You will be able to have sex again. Mine are reoccurring though.. And I've been through alot.. but I do not want to get marsupilization or surgery etc. These are so painful. I created a post about my experience.. And I have found a way to get them to drain on their own without any of the pain... the reason why it is so big is because the word catheter is filled with fluid like a balloon to hold in place in there so it jeeps draining. Also there will be a hard lump there are she takes it out because it's the pocket or whatever but it will shrink over time. There is a chance it might not come back... Mine do...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.