Bartholin's cyst

Posted , 4 users are following.

How do I get rid of a Bartholin's cyst? What do I do if I have one? Should I go get it pop or do I let it drain itself?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Do not pop it, it will hurt like hell and could get infected. In my own experience sitting in a hot salt bath 2-3 times per day was the most effective remedy. I purchased a cat litter tray, into which I poured one cup of table salt and then filled as high as possible with hand-hot water, and I sat in the water until it started to cool. It took about 5-7 days, but it brought the swelling right down.

• Posted

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BHIiuNlIKgM&t=1s This YouTube video helped me a lot and my reply to it explains my own experience with these things. Good luck!!! "My boyfriend was at the store buying Prid when my cyst ruptured just an hour ago. This was the easiest by far of the three that I’ve gotten so far (all in the last 4 months). My first two lasted a full week and progressively worsened until the cysts were as large as a small orange or large clementine. As soon I thought that I couldn’t take any more pain the pain doubled. If you are new to these, the answer to your question is yes, these are that painful! During my first I thought for sure that something was terribly wrong and these weren’t supposed to be that painful! Needless to say, when this one made an appearance, I immediately pulled from all of my research and experience to treat it. Epson salt baths (with a ton of salt! Think of osmosis), aloe Vera (organic by seven minerals), and witch hazel. After a few days (while still working my waitressing shifts) it was still not quite doing the trick although these treatments kept the swelling down and the cyst didn’t get worse (it was painful but bearable). Last night I started with witch hazel and tea tree oil, but quickly had an idea for my own mixture. I mixed one part turmeric, one part aloe, a few drops of tea tree, and (because I didn’t have coconut oil) jojoba oil. I made enough for last night and today and left the paste on for a few hours at a time then epson salt baths and pads with only aloe Vera to relieve the skin (turmeric gets very dry). I also did warm compresses and panty liners soaked in witch hazel consistently. This method may seem aggressive but it worked! Pain was never unbearable or even worthy of tears and I was ultimately only laid up for 1 day! I now have the Prid applied and will reply later to let you all know how well it works in the draining process! Good luck ladies!!! Hang in there if you are brand new to this! It gets easier once you know what works for you 👍"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.