Bartholin's cyst drain is extremely painful

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had the cyst cut open to drain and out on antibiotics. It filled back up so they put a drain in and doubled my antibiotics... I swear the drain hurts more then the cyst itself. Anyone else feel that way? Suggestions on making it feel better. I've soaked in the tub, taken ibuprofen, norcos, hot water bottle... nothing helps and peeing is so painful. It stings so bad.

Please tell me I'm not alone!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Im so sorry you are in so much pain , i found if when i went to the toilet i stood up and poured a jug of warm water on my wound while i was peeing it stopped the sting , i stood in the bath to do this sometimes , 

i ended up having mine surgically removed , im now 12 days post op and feel great. No more pain , maybe talk to your Gp xxx

• Posted

I will have to call tomorrow. Coughing, peeing, sneezing,walking, laying.... anything is so painful. This literally hurts more then ever expected.

• Posted

I've had this stupid thing happen since I was 20. Im now 31. I don't remember how many times I've had to go through this hell like most here but I'm. One week from lastFriday on my cyst drainage. They put in a word cathedar and told me to keep in in two weeks to a month. I know peeing coughing sneezing even laughing hurts. It's drained my soul. I don't know how long you've had it in but it gets better which I thought wasn't possible. Norco only sometimes helped. But they gave me a recommendation for pain. The "powerball" two Tylenol and 800ml of ibuprofen. Helps with inflammation. Also baths are soothing but doesn't take it away for long. Mine fell out four days in. (It deflated). I was so mad and devastated. Walking into the dr KNOWING the pain you'll have to endure again is like putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger. He had to once again numb (with those horrible needles) it up and shove it in there. More pain. But it has gotten better. I hope yours does too. Try the powerball. Sleep with a pillow between your legs to keep pressure off if it and use a travel neck pillow to sit on. (So the area isn't sat directly on the seat) and rest. Good luck girl. Hope it helps.

• Posted

Thank you! To my surprise I'm not peeing razor blades anymore. The pain has subsided and I've gotten used to the annoyance of having the drain in.

I still have another full week before I go in and get it removed and gave doubled my antibiotic. (Let's hope that works!) and then we wait... and see if it will go away.

Nobody has time for surgery.

Thanks for sharing your story. It makes me feel less alone.

• Posted

They keep have over the counter aspircream with 4% lidocaine, which helps numb the area, it works great!

Like Elaine said as well, the surgery to remove it work wonders! I only had pain for several days and I really think I will never have another one.

• Posted

I will need to get some and use that. I'd be willing to try anything at this point. I need relief.

Thanks for the suggestion!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.