Bartholins cyst

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi im 16 years old and i noticed a lump on my private part & the next day i got my period. Its my first time experienceing something like this, Im pretty sure its a BC. I need help on what to do!!! I cry myself to sleep every time because of the pain. & when my pad rubs against it hurts even more and it feels like someone is burning me down there. Any other suggestions to use instead of a pad or tampon. I work at a fast food place so im walking at all time, i noticed its getting bigger each day. Im really shy when its comes to people starring at me down there & i have an appointment on Monday (Aug 29) I live in the USA. Thanks in advanced. Hope everyone heals. We do not deserve this );

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bianca,

Yeah sounds like a BC, do no use tampons because that's just going to hurt more keep using your pad and cotton underwear. As for it to go away on its own is really just luck sometimes they go away on its or you will have to get it drained. Try hot sitz baths as hot as you can take them(don't burn yourself either) that usually helps with the pain and will hopefully make the cyst butts on its on. I've had a total of 3 abcess meaning my cyst for infected sad they were horrible and I had to get them drained, Doctor will make a little cut on your cyst and it will drain instant relief but they do come back sad

I've heard silica complex helps preventing them or make the swelling go down I haven't tried them yet but will soon. As for my cyst I am looking to have it removed cause is too much for merolleyes ask your doctor what he/she thinks or suggest, don't be scared to ask questions because it is your health afterall and I know it can be uncomfortable having someone strange see your privates but just think about it as a professional thing and it will benefit your health if is a male

Doctor they usually go ok with a female nurse, if they don't they don't be scared to ask for a female

Nurse to be present always speak upsmile

Hope everything goes well!

• Posted

Hi Stephanie, thanks for the reply. ill try the sitz bath. How long do i stay in the water for and how many times a day ? Can i purchase a silica spray at any drug store or do i have to order it on line?
    • Posted

Hello,

Usually 3 times a day for 20 minutes, the silica complex I bought them on Amazon but I think you can get them at Walgreens not sure.

Also try eating as healthy as possible and avoid dairy because that causes puss, eat a lot of detox foods: blue berries, grapes etc

So far o am trying to stay away from chocolate, food with yeast(bread), dairy products giro fully it works for me too. Good luck!

• Posted

Hey ! I'm 16 too and suffered from the same thing , but mines got infected and turned into a BA , and Abccess . I went to the hospital and they drained it and I felt so relived . There's not much pain , but they put word catherter it's uncomfortable but not painful . You'll be alright (:

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.