Bartholins cyst/abscess fix!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Ok, so what your about to read may be TMI. I am not a medical professional, but have been into medicine my whole life. So a little back story.. one day I was painting and bumped my hoo on the ladder I was on. That being said it was exactly where the bartholins gland was. It swelled up overnight into a golf ball. Three hospital trips and doctors later I was lanced twice for the same cyst to get it to drain, word catheter inserted the whole deal. Fast forward to about 4 months later. Come back full force. Through the pain and awful experience from it being lanced twice etc I decide to try home remedy... I applied coconut oil and tea tree to it and it made it larger, throbbing... awful pain. I tried then to get it to burst by applying baking soda, water, and salt mixture to a pad and laying it on the cyst inside my labia. It didn't burn or anything it also didn't burst. That night I was tossing and turning in even more pain! I dressed and went to the hospital where it burst on my way to the waiting room where he decided to lance it anyways again to make sure it will drain!! So 3 month later here I am... So when it burst the last time on it own, the doctor said it was like behind kind of more inside my vaginal opening which is why he lanced the outside.. keeping that in my mind I decided to investigate!! It came back again.. pain not as a bad or as big. I did this with zero pain!! Maybe i got lucky or maybe this will help the women who have to deal with this problem. Here is where I will try to he descriptive and graphical as possible to help someone one day... So to start off... picture this.. on my left labia was a cyst... size... smaller than a golf ball this time but it was bound to get worse... it was swelling into my vaginal opening a little bit and was red outside my vagina, on my labia, but to where it was blocking the hole.. anyways I did some extreme looking here. I sat down on the floor, legs apart sprawled out. I peeled back my labia AND moved the cyst away as FAR as I could, it was uncomfortable yes. But when I did i noticed on the inside by my vaginal opening, kind of under the cyst was a little bubble. Now knowing this I am pretty sure it is the end of the gland where it secretes the mucus to lubricate the vagina bedcause the location is symmetrical to my right sides gland or duct whatever. So big cyst, inside vaginal when you pull it back little bubble. All i did was pinch that bubble and it did not hurt, i barely felt it. And the cyst started to drain!! The pressure is gone, and it was no where near the pain as the first two times. Maybe try if you read this really looking. My doctors never looked or tried this method. I go to them and they come back with a needle and a knife. Anyways. Sit on the floor, pull it back, I also used a mirror on front of me so I could really see! If there isn't a bubble try using a q tip and brining fluid towards the duct opening... also I took a warm bath for pain before doing this. It may have aided in the fluid coming out so easy, it bursting easier. But please try this! I have tried almost everything to avoid surgery etc. And honestly if it comes back and I can just pinch it a little and it drains so effortlessly and nearly painless I will do it for the rest of my life!

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Day 2..

Still draining. I have been keeping the area clean. It has reduced in size. I am taking tumeric and probiotic orally. Sitz bath with some episom salt. And when u talk about a bubble that I found... It was like I found the head of the zit.. when I pinched the head the head popped off and the puss drained from behind. I really hope my description makes sense. Let me know of anyone else out there has found this and it work or if it was just my luck and my anatomy that it happened to...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.