Bartholins Cyst Lump! Please help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello. I have had bartholins cyst 2 days ago. Used tea tree oil and castor oil over it and it burst. All the abscess popped out but the lump is still there. Is it something to worry about? I went to the the doctor she said that the abscess has drained out but why is there still a lump? So worried please help! shoudl I just pop it and drain the left over abscess myslef if there is any? Please help!!!

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Don't pop it! That can be very dangerous. It often take a while for the swelling to go down. Take sits baths a couple time a day to help drain any excess fluid and keep the area clean

• Posted

There isn't any puss just blood coming out although the lump is still there. Yeah the doctor recommended me to take antibiotics and keep it clean but I don't think its helping much in bringing the swelling down sad

• Posted

Hi, I would like to hear how your lump disappear. I had my third BC and waited for it to burst instead of surgery. It burst this morning and I have been take sitz baths all day so that the swelling goes down.

I know in my previous experience the swelling does go down after a week or so with doing sitz baths religiously.

All the best!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.