Bartholins Cyst Pain after marsipulisation

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone help ...after having marsipulisation when travelling in Australia i developed a bartholins cyst that had gotten infected but wouldn't burst on antibiotics. A couple of weeks later i began to feel slight pain , however, this settled down after a month. A couple of months later i developed a second cyst, this time the antibiotics helped it to burst but the pain remained, after another month the pain was only slightly there but after having sex i was left in a severe raw feeling pain. i thought it was another infection but its been 6 months now and ive had 3 more infections . im assuming the pain is nerve pain but i have no idea whether this is nerve damage, scar tissue or pudendal neurology. ive seen various doctors who have told me they cant see anything on the MRI scan and therefore can't give me treatment other than pain meds as they dont know the cause of pain....im only 21. Has anyone else suffered with this or know what it is!??

i have tried amatriptiline, gabepentine and naproxen. All taken no affect.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Have you been sitting in a hot/warm bath as much and as regularly as possible? I also added epsom/bath salts and it helped me tremendously with my pain. I had this about two years ago. Let is go away naturally with as much bath and soak time as I could several times a day when possible.

Hope this helps

• Posted

hi sbthai32 if you dont mind me asking, was yours postoperative pain, and how long did it take to settle down. Mine is pretty severe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.