Bartholins cyst recovery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been dealing with barothlin cysts for just under a year now, the first time I got it I was overseas. Within three days I was at the point I couldn't walk and had to be wheelchaired down to the ER for a emergency drainage procedure. Ever since then I've still had a fluid like lump on one side and 9 months later am still experiancing extreme pain during sex where the incision was made. I've been to three different doctors, two gynos and the hospital twice all of them seem not to concerned about this. Two weeks ago I had a hospital appointment with a gyno to book in for the marsupialization which she told me I couldn't have it done until the cyst had actually formed again. My sex life is horrible, without sounding to disgusting about it, my partner is quite large and it's hard to have sex anymore without being in constant pain, I dread having sex now because of this. Has anyone else experienced a recovery time this long before? Also after sex I'm getting what looks like a blister, the doctor just keeps giving me antibiotics but I can't live the rest of my life like this anymore? Please help has anyone else had these problems before and any advise on what else I can do. As of today I've started taking silica tablets and tomorrow going to hunt down some serrapeptise to help. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi jettabugs

so sorry to read of your suffering . Years ago i had a bartholins cyst and it was walnut size..

i didnt require sugery ... My doctor just said ... normal table salt baths ..

and it worked..

i was told to have two baths a day for a few days and it would go and it did.

what i did was tip a cup of normal table salt or more if you prefer, in hot bath water to dissolve it, run the bath just above thigh level... The water as hot as i could have it .

the salt unclogs the cysts blocked pore and the heat of the hot bath draws out the fluid.

sorry for too much info here, but if i just placed my thumb inside vag  and my fingers on top i could feel thr cyst, i made sure the salt water went inside me so soak the cyst pore and i masssged the cyst encouraging the blocked pore to open with the hot salt water around it , after all its a clogged pore and a build up of fluid, by massaging it the fluid after a few baths would come out the pore.. Salt unblocked it ..

this worked for me with patience and fiddling about but it went after a few days and never returned..

simple table salt is a great healer 

good luck hun

jay xx

• Posted

Thanks jayneejay,

I will def give it a try, doctors just seem to stick it in the top hard pile and when I explain to them how painful it is I don't think they understand. I'm at my wits ends with this and am willing to try just about anything. 

Thanks again smile 

• Posted

hi jetta

you say you feel a lump .. But gyno says it needs to form into a cyst again ?

surely the lump is the cyst ..

jay x

• Posted

That's what I thought, She told me the cyst itself is hard where this seems to be a fluid blockage and hasn't actually formed into another cyst yet. And the last month or so I've noticed that after sex I'm getting what seems to be a blister like lump on the same side I had the first cyst removed. I don't know what it is and I've looked everywhere to see if someone has gotten the same symptoms as I have but I haven't found anyone yet. 
    • Posted

Hi Jetta 

could it be a friction blister after sex as rubbing over the lump maybe..

try the salt baths that will ease the blister too

worth a try ... May just sort it all out for you, like it did me ..

the bartholins gland is a lubricating gland, and its blocked up with fluid ..

pain arent they... In more ways than one ..

jay xx

• Posted

Yes jayneejay absolutely painfully and extremely annoying, tomorrow I'll start on the salt baths and hopefully it will clear up the fluid lumps. Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate any information and help I can get at this point. smile 
  • Posted

Hi!! I wanted to give my story because I feel it does give some hope to how miserable this process has Been.

I have been dealing with these cyst for 4 years. First one was when I was 21 and I'm 25 now. I have had 8. Drained every time with either a catheter or packing. So many miserable moments and anxiety come with it. My husband has gone almost 6 months without sex due to these cyst. It's horrible. Thank god he's so understanding... But still!! I hate it, so finally I asked for a marsupilaztion. And I just got it 3 days ago. I feel happy. It's a little sore but over all I'm doing okay. My dr told me everything went really well, and overall should be the last of it. I have really high hopes. So if you have a reoccurring one, I would suggest the surgery because if it gives you anyhing, it's at least some mind relief, I can't wait to be good again!!!

• Posted

Thank you for sharing your story Kati smile 

Im in tears constantly from this and every doctor just seems to not really care. I went to the doctor and begged her to book me in for a marsupialization procedure but told me they can't do it til the cyst recurs again. I have these terrible fluid filled lumps on both sides of my vagina and extreme pain from the last operation where the wound still hasn't healed after 8months. 

Like you, I'm lucky to be blessed with a wonderful and understanding man, please keep me posted in how the op goes, I'd be very interested to know how it all goes smile 

• Posted

does the salt burn..because i have become irritated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.