Bartholins Cyst removal.. what do I expect ? Has anyone else been in servere pain??

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my Cyst removed 12 days ago! I’ve been getting a lot of discharge I went back to the Gynaecologist last week who said I had nothing to be worried about and seems to be healing well, although not convinced as im still filling a pad a day? 

I cannot believe the pain I was in for the first week I have only just started sitting up in bed and moving around the house. 

Has anyone else had the cyst removed and not had a catheter put in? My Gyno just took out the whole cyst which she said was the size of a nectarine so had to dig deep to get it all out ? Also anyone months past surgery could you tell me if your lady area went back to normal I’m so worried I’m going to be disfigured down there! 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had both glands removed...same time...it was 6 weeks before I started feeling better. Prior to that I had the right side drained 3 times...only once they put a catheter in. It never worked for me...the draining...so I opted for gland removal. Yes...having it drained was painful...but not near as bad as gland removal. But I attribute that to having both glands removed at same time...my vaginal area not the same...as far as feeling goes...looks the same though as prior to surgery. I am almost 2 years out gland removal...so it's been a while. Am I diasspointed in my choice to have glands removed??? No way!!! Having it drained repeatedly and not being able to run or bike was terrible! I have followed discussion after discussion on here....and unfortunately, most of the time just having it drained doesn't work. I hope it does for you...but if not...don't be too surprised. Some women though have had good success with just draining! Hopefully you are one if those!!!

• Posted

its bbeen almost 2 years since I had the gland and cyst removed. It took several weeks for me to feel better. I'd say 4 to get back to normal. I dont recall having discharge issues but, my cyst wasnt that big. I do have scar tissue and it bothers me from time to time. I dont believe that it will ever be the same as it was before surgery. No one prepares you for what takes place after surgery. Good luck to you. 

• Posted

Hi there! I'm wondering how you are doing now Sarah. I had my gland removed 11/9 and am really feeling like I have a cyst again! It was doing okay, but pain is returning. I fear the Dr didn't remove all of the cyst. Did you experience anything like that? Thanks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.